Multiple students ill after coming into contact with weed killer at Phoenix elementary school
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) — Firefighters are evaluating nearly a dozen children who reported feeling ill after coming into contact with pesticide at a Phoenix elementary school.
Just after 11 a.m. Tuesday, crews responded to Midtown Primary School on 19th Avenue just south of Camelback Road. When they arrived, they began checking 10 students who reported feeling sick. Investigators later learned that a pesticide company was working next door when weed killer was accidentally sprayed close to playground woodchips. So far, there’s no indication that anyone has been taken to a hospital.
Additional units, including Hazmat crews, have also responded to the scene. Other information was not immediately available.
Copyright 2023 KTVK/KPHO. All rights reserved.