Fire leaves N. Phoenix woman homeless

Print
Email
|

by Catherine Holland

Video report by Jill Galus

Posted on September 3, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Updated Wednesday, Sep 4 at 10:57 AM

Map: 32nd Street and Union Hills

View larger map

PHOENIX – Investigators are trying to determine what sparked an early morning fire that left a North Phoenix woman homeless.

Firefighters were called out to the neighborhood of 32nd Street and Union Hills Drive at about 1 a.m. Tuesday. They believe the fire started at the back of the house and spread quickly from there.

The fast-moving flames gutted the interior of the home and caused a portion of the roof to collapse.

The good news is that nobody was home when the fire started. An issue with the water had forced the woman who lives there to take her pets and stay elsewhere for a few days.

No injuries were reported.

At this point, it’s not clear what sparked the fire.

Print
Email
|