EL MIRAGE, Ariz. -- A West Valley business was saved by its sprinkler system after the building caught fire early Sunday morning.
Fire crews from several cities responded the fire at Party Rental near Thunderbird and El Mirage roads.
Firefighters saw smoke coming from the building but the fire had mostly been extinguished by the sprinklers when they arrived on scene.
"These people will be able to occupy their business Monday morning," El Mirage Fire Chief Howard Munding said. "If there was a fire without a sprinkler, these people would be out of business."
A burning candle was identified as the cause of the fire.