PHOENIX -- It's the biggest online shopping day of the year. Are you ready for it?
Before you do any actual shopping, you should take a look at the processes running on your computer to make sure it's not infected with malware. Not only does malware affect your computer's performance, it also could be an invitiation for cyber thieves to nick your credit card information.
1. CyberMonday.com -- coupons and offer from all over the Web
"There isn't a store that isn't covered on this website," explained Ken Moskowitz, aka Spanky, of Data Doctors.
2. CheapSally.com -- coupon codes
3. CyberMonday2012.com -- more coupon codes and deals
Spanky says this site features gifts that are not "run-of-the-mill every-day items that you'd go to the store for."
Cyber Monday shopping tips
- Get organized and have a game plan
- Do research
- Are there extra costs? (S/H, return fees, restocking fees, etc.)
- Listen to crowds
- Stack up coupons
- Use a credit card; it limits your liability if your card is stolen
- Hold off on buying electronics until after the holidays; the deals will be better
For more information, check out DataDoctors.com.