Poll: Should Major League Baseball's opening day be a national holiday?
Map: Chase Field
PHOENIX -- It's a day many believe should be a national holiday -- the opening day of the Major League Baseball season. It's the home opener for our Arizona Diamondbacks and there's a ton of great stuff going on in and around Chase Field.
3TV's Ryan O'Donnell and April Warnecke spent the morning at the ballpark. They were all over the place.
From previewing the season's promos, to a tour of the locker room, to taste testing some of the new food (specifically the 18-inch D-Bat Corn Dog), to finding deals in the team shop, to exploring the areas dedicated to the youngest fans, to chatting with organist Bobby Freeman, D-backs legend Luis Gonzalez and team president and CEO Derrick Hall, O'Donnell and Warnecke were on the go all morning.And they had a great time!
Even though the D-backs and the Dodgers faced of in Australia last week, today is the big day.
Our D-backs take on the San Francisco Giants at Chase Field at 6:40 p.m.
Video clips from play list above (all links open in a new tab/window)
- This season's promos (more info)
- D-backs tee ball uniforms (more info)
- Inside the locker room
- Rally-backs and Legends (about the Legends Race)
- New18-inch D-Bat Corn Dog and other good eats
- Signature cocktails at Chase Field
- Game Seven Grill serves the hottest wings in baseball (more info)
- D-backs gear and $10 deals in the team shop (shop online)
- Coors Lite strike Zone
- The Sandlot (more info)
- Bobby Freeman on the organ
- Bud Box suite (suite info)
- Derrick Hall