Before you head out this weekend, make a note of these weekend construction projects from the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), so you can avoid the traffic tie-ups:
• Southbound Loop 303 closed between Camelback and McDowell roads from 11 p.m. Saturday to 5 a.m. Sunday (Sept. 16) for I-10/Loop 303 interchange construction. DETOUR: Consider using Citrus Road.
• Northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) on-ramp at Chandler Boulevard closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 17) for ongoing Chandler Boulevard improvement work. DETOUR: Consider using eastbound Chandler Boulevard, northbound Dobson Road and westbound Ray Road to access the Loop 101.
• Northbound Interstate 17 off-ramp at Happy Valley Road closed from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (Sept. 15) for paving. Frontage Road between Pinnacle Peak and Happy Valley roads also closed. DETOUR: Consider exiting at Pinnacle Peak Road, traveling east to 23rd Avenue and then north to reach Happy Valley Road.
• Indian School Road closed between Cotton Lane and Sarival Avenue from 8:30 a.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 17) for traffic signal and other work related to Loop 303 construction. DETOUR: Consider using Cotton Lane or Sarival Avenue to reach Camelback Road as alternate east-west route this weekend.
• Camelback Road closed between Loop 303 and Cotton Lane from 5 a.m. Monday (Sept. 17) through May 2013 for work related to Loop 303 construction. DETOUR: Consider using Indian School or Bethany Home roads.