Before you head out this weekend, make a note of these weekend construction projects from the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT), so you can avoid the traffic tie-ups.
• Interstate 10 on- and off-ramps at 67th Avenue closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 18) for maintenance. 67th Avenue also narrowed to one lane in each direction at Interstate 10. DETOUR: Consider using 59th or 75th avenues to exit or enter I-10.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) intersection at 19th Avenue and McDowell Road closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (March 18) for APS utility work. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time. Alternate north-south routes include Seventh or 27th avenues and east-west routes include Thomas Road and Van Buren Street.
• Southbound State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) narrowed to two lanes between Glendale Avenue and Thomas Road from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday (March 16) for maintenance. DETOUR: Please watch for highway crews and equipment and be prepared to merge safely in the work zone.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) off-ramp at Hawes Road closed from 6 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday (March 17) for work related to State Route 24 construction. DETOUR: Consider exiting at Power Road.
• Southbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to one lane between US 60 and Guadalupe Road from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (March 16) for maintenance. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and use caution when merging in work zone.
• Southbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) narrowed to one lane between University Drive and Southern Avenue from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday (March 16) for maintenance. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to merge safely in work zone.