Northbound Loop 101 closed north of I-10 in West Valley
Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed near Power Road
PHOENIX – Several freeway-improvement projects in the Phoenix area will require closures or lane restrictions in the Phoenix area this weekend (April 4-7). The Arizona Department of Transportation recommends travelers allow extra time and consider alternate routes while the following restrictions are in place:
- Northbound Loop 101 (Agua Fria Freeway) closed between Interstate 10 and Camelback Road in Glendale area from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (April 5) for traffic-management equipment work. DETOUR: Drivers can exit I-10 and use northbound 91st or 99th avenues to travel beyond the closure.
- Northbound Loop 101 on-ramps at McDowell, Thomas and Indian School roads in Glendale area closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday (April 6) for traffic-management equipment work. DETOUR: Please use other northbound on-ramps, including ramps at Camelback or Bethany Home roads.
- Westbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Elliot and Power roads in Mesa from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 7) for paving work. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes to avoid delays. Traffic can exit the freeway at Elliot Road and travel west to southbound Power Road to reconnect with westbound Loop 202.
- Northbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) in north Phoenix narrowed to one lane from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday (April 5) for paving work. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to slow down and merge safely in work zone.
- Both Interstate 10 on-ramps at Seventh Street closed overnight from 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (April 7) for APS utility work. Westbound Interstate 10 off-ramp at Seventh Street also closed overnight. Northbound Seventh Street closed at Roosevelt Street. DETOUR: Please use alternate routes, including Seventh Avenue, to exit or enter I-10.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions around the state visit ADOT’s Travel Information site at www.az511.gov or call 5-1-1. Sign up for ADOT email updates, including weekend freeway restrictions, at www.azdot.gov. Another great way to find out more about ADOT's projects and programs to improve Arizona's transportation system is the ADOT blog at www.azdot.gov/blog.