Map: TPC Scottsdale
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Golf fans and party-goers descend on Scottsdale this week for the Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament at the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale.
To accommodate the large crowds drawn to North Scottsdale, several local street closures and restrictions will be in place this week. City workers reccomend local area residents use the Loop 101 Freeway instead of surface streets near the Tournament Players Club near and around Hayden and Bell Roads. Here are the restrictions:
• Bell Road is CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC from Perimeter Drive to Hayden Road beginning at 6 a.m. Jan. 30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 5
• 82nd Street between Princess Drive and Bell Road is CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC except event shuttle buses from 6 a.m. Jan. 30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 5
The following streets are restricted to residents, resort guests and event attendees with the appropriate passes from 6 a.m. Jan. 30 to 7 p.m. Feb. 5:
• Princess Circle southbound (when coming from Scottsdale Road)
• Princess Drive west of Hayden Road
• Hayden Road between Union Hills Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard
• Union Hills Drive east of Hayden Road
• Princess Drive between Hayden Road and Pacesetter Way
• 82nd Street between Union Hills Drive and Princess Drive
• Perimeter Drive between Union Hills Drive and Pacesetter Way
All areas within the Perimeter Center business park are accessible from the Loop 101 Pima Freeway and Princess Drive or Bell Road.
The City of Scottsdale transportation workers reccomend spectators heading to the Phoenix Open carpool or take the new Hospitality Trolley to reduce congestion.
To access free public parking with shuttle service to tournament gates, follow these directions:
*For those arriving from the west, exit the eastbound Loop 101 Freeway at Hayden Road and drive south to the parking areas.
*For those arriving from the south and east, exit at Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard, drive north to Bell Road, turn east to 94th Street and south into the WestWorld parking lots.
*The free shuttles will operate Monday and Tuesday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday the shuttles will operate from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. On Sunday, the shuttles will operate from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.