The Waste Management Phoenix Open golf tournament is from Jan. 31 – Feb. 6, at the Tournament Players Club of Scottsdale, 17020 N. Hayden Road.
There will be several local street closures and restrictions. Local area residents are encouraged to use the Loop 101 Freeway instead of surface streets near the Tournament Players Club. Here are the restrictions:
• Bell Road is CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC from Perimeter Drive to Hayden Road beginning at 6 a.m. Jan. 31 to 7 p.m. Feb. 6
• 82nd Street between Princess Drive and Bell Road is CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC except event shuttle buses from 6 a.m. Jan. 31 to 7 p.m. Feb. 6
The following streets are restricted to residents, resort guests and event attendees with the appropriate passes from 6 a.m. Jan. 31 to 7 p.m. Feb. 6:
• Princess Circle southbound (when coming from Scottsdale Road)
• Princess Drive west of Hayden Road
• Hayden Road between Union Hills Drive and Frank Lloyd Wright Boulevard
• Union Hills Drive east of Hayden Road
• Princess Drive between Hayden Road and Pacesetter Way
• 82nd Street between Union Hills Drive and Princess Drive
• Perimeter Drive between Union Hills Drive and Pacesetter Way
All areas within the Perimeter Center business park are accessible from the Loop 101 Pima Freeway and Princess Drive or Bell Road.
Spectators heading to the Phoenix Open are encouraged to carpool or take the new Hospitality Trolley to reduce congestion.
Several options are available to residents and visitors looking for traffic and parking conditions. They include:
• The “511” information phone line operated by the Arizona Department of Transportation
• The city of Scottsdale’s 312-CITY (2489) information hotline. The city of Scottsdale’s web site at www.ScottsdaleAZ.gov. Simply click on the special events link under the “hot topics” area for information on the Waste Management Phoenix Open and other upcoming special events in Scottsdale.
Information on the Waste Management Phoenix Open also is available at www.wastemanagementphoenixopen.com.
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS:
FREE Public Parking (with shuttle access to the tournament gates)
From the WEST, public parking is at Loop 101 and Hayden Road. We recommend that eastbound Loop 101 drivers exit at Hayden, and drive south into the parking lot.
From the EAST, parking is at WestWorld. We recommend that drivers exit Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd., drive north to Bell Road, turn east to 94th street, and south into the parking lot entrance.
The FREE shuttles will operate Monday and Tuesday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; Wednesday through Saturday from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm; and Sunday from 6:30 am to 6:30 pm.