Map: Construction closures this weekend
PHOENIX -- Before you head out this weekend, make a note of the construction restrictions and closures from Arizona Department of Transportation. West Valley drivers should plan for a Friday-night closure of Loop 303 in Surprise. ADOT recommends drivers plan for detour routes near the work zones, allow extra time and consider alternate routes while these restrictions are in place May 4-7.
• Loop 303 in Surprise closed both directions between Peoria Ave. and Cactus Road from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday (May 5) for the Loop 303 Improvement Project. DETOUR: Use Cotton Lane or Reems Road.
• Westbound Interstate 10 on-ramp at Seventh Avenue closed from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 6 p.m. Saturday (May 5) for removal of temporary barrier and sound wall painting. Westbound I-10 also narrowed to four lanes overnight from 11:30 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday. DETOUR: Consider using the Third/Fifth Avenue HOV on-ramp for I-10 access.
• Southbound Loop 101 (Pima Freeway) narrowed to two lanes near Via Linda (south of Shea Boulevard) and the southbound off-ramp at 90th Street closed from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (May 6) for removal of temporary barrier and lane striping. DETOUR: Use off-ramps at Shea Boulevard or Via de Ventura.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to two lanes between 83rd Avenue and Avondale Boulevard from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday (May 6) for replacement of overhead signs. Westbound I-10 off-ramp at 91st Avenue also closed. DETOUR: Exit at 83rd Avenue and use McDowell Road.
• Westbound Interstate 10 narrowed to three lanes between 67th and 91st avenues from 11 p.m. Friday to 10 a.m. Saturday (May 5) for replacement of overhead signs.