Roasted leg of lamb
Recipe from Chef Michael Symon and the American Lamb Board
- 4 pound boneless leg of lamb
- 6 minced shallots (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cracked coriander
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Mix all ingredients except stock together in a medium bowl; rub on the surface of lamb.
- Place in a large glass baking dish; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium heat; add lamb and brown on both sides.
- Place on roasting rack and roast fat side up at 375 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until lamb reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. Remove lamb from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with stock and simmer until reduced by half.
Serve lamb with pan drippings, tzatziki and grilled vegetables.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Juice 2 lemons
- 1 peeled diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Makes about 4 cups.
More Easter recipes from the American Lamb Board.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.