Classic Eggnog (Non-alcoholic)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt, optional
4 cups (1 qt) milk
1 tsp vanilla
Garnish (ideas: nutmeg, candy cane, whipped cream, cinnamon stick)
- In large saucepan, beat together eggs, sugar and salt.
- Stir in 2 cups of the milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups milk and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, pour into bowl or pitcher.
- Garnish with your favorite topping.
*DISCLAIMER*: The information contained in or provided through this site section is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not a substitute for professional advice. Use of this site section and any information contained on or provided through this site section is at your own risk and any information contained on or provided through this site section is provided on an "as is" basis without any representations or warranties.