As Seen on GMAZ: Wednesday, April 18Posted: Updated:
Local Love: True Craft Board Co.
True Craft Board Co was has been an ongoing side project for Wes Clouse. He has been crafting boards for 4 years. The first Board was made out of scrap wood but through trial and error, the boards have come a long way and Wes still has a long plan ahead of him. He enjoys helping people bring their ideas to life. He has plans to work with local artists to create some of the best "rideable art" around
True Craft Board Co
7726 E Baseline Rd #131 Mesa, AZ 85209
Phone: (480) 521-1376
National Record Store Day
Vinyl has been making a comeback for a while, it's a total collector’s item. Well, this might be a good time to expand your collection. This Saturday is National Record Store day, and at Zia Records it'll kick off an 8-day celebration with all sorts of discounts and deals. The Zia team has a week-long fan fest on the calendar from Saturday, April 21 until Sunday, April 29. Launched in 2008, Record Store Day is an international celebration of today's brick-and-mortar record shops, and top artists across the country are preparing to release rare and previously unreleased music in honor of the occasion.
In addition to raffles, exclusive releases and other giveaways and opportunities on Record Store Day, Saturday, April 21, Zia is serving up eight additional days of exclusive offers and deals for fans looking to broaden their collections.
- Saturday Record Store Day (enjoy in-store exclusive offers, rare releases, giveaways and more)
- Sunday Movies Buy 3 Pre-Owned Movies, Get 4th Free
- Monday Video Games Buy 1 Pre-Owned Video Game, Get 1 50-Percent Off
- Tuesday CDs Buy 2 Pre-Owned CDs, Get 3rd Free
- Wednesday Toys & Collectibles 20-Percent Off Pre-Owned Toys & Collectibles
- Thursday Mix 'n Match Buy 3 Pre-Owned Items, Get the 4th Free
- Friday-Sunday Customer Appreciation Weekend Double Z-Card Points on Purchases & Trades
All Zia locations will collect donations for the Boys & Girls Club starting on Record Store Day through Sunday, May 6, with anyone who donates earning a donation card they can sign and display in the store. Donors also receive automatic entry into a raffle, where they can win an array of great prizes in exchange for their generosity.
For more information visit: www.ZiaRecordStoreWeek.com
Do It Herself: Modern Wall Planter
Bring life to your walls in our hands-on workshop. Our experienced Store Associate will show you how to measure, cut, stain and assemble a space-saving modern wall planter to display your favorite indoor plants. In addition, our Store Associate will demonstrate safe practices in using common project power tools and can help you shop for everything you need to create your own project at home. The Home Depot Workshops are designed to provide a mix of associate-led instruction, demonstration, and some hands-on learning. Materials can be purchased to make your own project.
DO IT HERSELF workshops happen every 3rd Thursday of the month at all Home Depot locations. It's a free demo. Thursday, 5/19 6:30p-8:30p
The Wildlife World Zoo: Black Throated Monitor named Marbles
Black Throated Monitor Facts:
- Native to Tanzania
- Can reach up to seven feet in length and weigh more than 60 pounds
- Black Throated Monitors are semi-arboreal lizards, yet spend half of their time underground in burrows, or searching the ground for prey.
- They are well known by African bird watchers as the most prevalent predator on nesting birds, and songbirds
- They are opportunistic carnivores and will eat anything they can catch
- Their thick skin protects them from predators and bites from their prey
- They will hiss and in hail air to make themselves look larger when they feel threatened
- Lifespan is 25 years
- Mainly terrestrial and are not good swimmers unlike other monitors
- Cold blooded
- Monitors have forked tongues, making them the only reptiles other than snakes to possess this characteristic. Like snakes, this tongue shape allows for better accuracy in locating a prey's scent.
- Monitors fill an important niche in their respective habitats. In many of their ranges, they are one of the only large land carnivores. Of the 31 species of monitors found throughout the world, 24 of them occur in areas without terrestrial, carnivorous mammals.
- Biggest threats are habitat loss and collection for their skin and the pet trade
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website: www.wildlifeworld.com.
2nd Annual Jazz at Lunch Time at the State Capitol
Get your jazz on at lunchtime in front of the Arizona State Capitol, Wednesday April 18, 11:00am to 3:00pm. Join Doc Jones & Friends as they celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month at the Arizona State Capitol.
Arizona State Capitol
Wednesday, April 18th, 11am - 3pm
Free Admission at the Gate
1700 W Washington St,
Phoenix, AZ 85007
For more information: www.Jazzdayaz.com or call: 602-524-7998
Sea World San Diego
Electric Eel: San Diego's tallest and fastest roller coaster is coming to SeaWorld!
Electric Eel features astounding loops, twists and airtime, plus multiple-launch experiences that will propel riders forward and backward as they speed through the ride's station house accelerating to more than 60 miles per hour in seconds. Riders then rocket skyward nearly 150 feet where they will brave an inverted "heartline" roll and a twisting loop for an exciting feeling of airtime as riders crest the top before breathlessly returning to the station. To top it all off, this adrenaline-pumping coaster will offer riders the only upside-down view of Mission Bay! Electric Eel debuts just in time for summer.
For more information: https://seaworld.com/san-diego/rides/electric-eel/
All-new Sesame Street Party Parade.
This event features everyone's favorite Sesame Street friends (including Elmo!), themed floats, contemporary tunes including Sesame Street favorites, and two show-stopping performances throughout the parade route. SeaWorld San Diego is the only place to see this exclusive parade in California. The Sesame Street Party Parade will take place weekends starting May 5.
For more information: https://seaworld.com/san-diego/events/sesame-street-parade/
During Electric Ocean at SeaWorld, the ocean comes to life with bioluminescent lighting, music and entertainment, immersing guests in a glowing sea of wonder. This nighttime summer spectacular back for a second year after winning a Brass Ring Award for Most Creative Property-wide Event from IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) features eight electrifying nighttime experiences, including Cirque Electrique, featuring daring aerial performers in advanced LED suits that mesmerize audiences as they bounce and fly in and over the waters of Mission Bay. SeaWorld has never been brighter! Electric Ocean kicks off June 16 and runs on select dates through Sept. 3.
For more information: https://seaworld.com/san-diego/events/electric-ocean/
Culottes are Back!
Call them culottes or cropped wide-leg pants no matter what you name them, this 1980's classic is back in a big way for summer 2018.
- When it comes to culottes, the bigger the better you want the fit to be relaxed.
- Don't be afraid of the loose fit not only is the shape perfect for the hot Arizona weather, but the loose fit brings an effortless chicness to your entire look.
- Culottes can be dressed up or down depending on the color and fabric they are versatile and can fit into almost any occasion.
For more information and store directory visit: https://scottsdalequarter.com/
15259 N. Scottsdale Rd; Scottsdale 85254
Phone: (480) 270-8123