As Seen on GMAZ: Tuesday, April 17Posted: Updated:
Bubbles, bubbles everywhere! The third annual Bubble Bash will return to Desert Ridge Marketplace (April 21) and Tempe Marketplace (May 12). Get ready for soapy fun as you make your own bubble wand, mix up your own bubble concoction, learn about bubble physics, create a masterpiece at the bubble art station, create giant helium bubbles that float and fly and MORE!
- Bubble Bash takes place THIS Saturday, April 21 at Desert Ridge Marketplace from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Make Your Own Bubble Wand Kids can use pipe cleaners to make their very own bubble wand!
- Chemistry Become a chemist for a day! Young scientists can experiment with mixes of water, soap, baking soda and a glycerin solution to see what makes the ultimate batch of bubble solution.
- Physics Discover why all bubbles are round at this fun education station.
- Kid in a Bubble Station Experience bubbles in a whole new way and be encapsulated in a giant bubble. Don't forget your camera!
- Smoke Bubbles Watch our cool smoke bubbles burst with smoke when they pop.
- Bubble Art Create a unique masterpiece using different colored bubbles.
- Giant Bubbles Help make enormous, several-foot-long bubbles using giant bubble wands.
- Helium Bubbles Take bubbles to new heights by building a floating tower of bubbles using helium.
- Foam Zone (**Tempe Marketplace ONLY**) Play and roam in the fantastic Foam Zone.
- Bubble Shop Pick-up all the latest and greatest bubble gear, so the fun can keep bubbling over long after Bubble Bash has finished.
- Kids and families will have the opportunity to discover everything to learn about bubbles, include bubble chemistry, physics, how to blow smoke bubbles, build your own bubble want, inflate bubbles with helium and so much more!
- If you can't make it to Desert Ridge this weekend, Tempe Marketplace will host its own Bubble Bash on Saturday, May 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cost: FREE
Desert Ridge Marketplace
21001 N. Tatum Blvd. Phoenix, AZ 85050
Saturday, April 21, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. throughout The District
2000 E. Rio Salado Pkwy. Tempe, AZ 85281
Tempe Marketplace Saturday, May 12, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. throughout The District
The Rise Hip-Hop Dance Competition
Hot on the heels of taking home the top prize at the Collaboration Urban Dance Competition & Show in Los Angeles, Gilbert's own The Rise Dance Academy is returning to its roots, hosting The Rise Hip-Hop Dance Competition at the Higley Center for the Performing Arts.
Slated for 4 p.m. Sunday, April 22 at the venue located at 4132 E Pecos Road, Gilbert, the event will feature 15 hip-hop dance crews as they take to the stage, compete for a $1,500 prize and try to make a name for themselves amidst some stiff competition. Host Rise Dance Studio first garnered fame after its Elekrolytes team earned a win on America's Best Dance Crew, and the studio owned and operated by a group of high school friends has continued to dominate the local, regional and national dance scenes in the days since.
Tickets for this pulse-pounding, action-packed affair and dance showcase are $25 and available at the venue ahead of the competition.
Higley Center for the Performing Arts
4132 E Pecos Road, Gilbert
For more information: https://www.therisedance.com
The Rise Dance Studio
1130 N. Gilbert Rd. Gilbert, AZ 85234
Partnership With Native Americans
It's Tax Day, and a good way to lower your taxes, is to give back to your community. But, did you know less than 1-percent of charitable giving goes to tribal causes. It might be something to think about for next year. We check out a nonprofit in the Valley with the goal of supporting more than 250,000 Native Americans with the highest need.
Partnership With Native Americans' Warehouse is critical to the services they provide. From food and water distributed to Native food pantries and Elderly Nutrition Centers to school supplies and TOMS shoes to students in need and so much more.
- Annually, Partnership With Native Americans provides school supplies to aid Native American students in grades K-12. The organization's annual Backpack Drive ensures backpacks and school supplies for students at about 70 reservation schools across Indian Country.
- For many Americans, accessing items such as notebooks, pencils, backpacks and binders is as simple as creating a list and making a trip to the local store. However, for many Native American students living on remote or geographically-isolated reservations, school supplies are a luxury, oftentimes completely inaccessible, depending on their location and family budget.
- Last year, in 2017, PWNA supplied more than 26,500 students with school supplies, as well as a backpack, to support their educational success.
- PWNA supports literacy programs, offers after-school incentive services, and provides TOMS shoes and boots and other back-to-school wear to assist K-12 students
- PWNA distributed nearly 43,000 pairs of TOMS boots and shoes last year.
To help or donate today, visit www.nativepartnership.org/donate or call 800-416-8102
Partnership With Native American's (PWNA) distribution center
1310 E Riverview Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Chill Out Day
It's Tax Day, time to chill out! On Tuesday, April 17, Kona Ice is hosting its fifth annual Chill Out Day. Trucks throughout the country will be parked at various spots handing out free shaved ice. Might help keep those tempers cooled on this very stressful day! There are multiple trucks that will be out in the Phoenix area on Tax Day.
For more information: https://www.kona-ice.com/
The San Diego Zoo: Walkabout Australia
Walkabout Australia takes Safari Park guests on a strolling journey, where they can mingle with kangaroos and wallabies up-close; encounter tree kangaroos in their forest canopy; see the weird and wonderful flightless bird, the cassowary; meet ambassador animals including an echidna, sugar glider, wombat and kookaburra. In this era of changing climate conditions, Australia like California and Arizona is experiencing longer and more widespread periods of drought, along with an increase in wildfires. As a result, water is a more precious resource than ever. Walkabout Australia explores the vital connection between water and the animals and people that depend on it. A stream runs through the grassland area, pooling in a pond called a billabong by Australians. A water conservation tank, like one that might be used by Australian farmers or ranchers, demonstrates how collecting water during the rains can be a valuable source during dry times, and provides suggestions for how to collect and save water at your own home.
For more information Walkabout Australia website: http://sdzsafaripark.org/walkabout/
On Tuesday, April 17th in honor of Tax Day, Fired Pie is offering deals all day long with any one-topping pizza for just $4.17 with purchase of a beverage, or guests may instead take $2 off any custom pizza or salad with purchase of a beverage.
o Deal valid at restaurant only, not available through 3rd party delivery
The locally owned restaurant allows you to take on the role of chef by picking and choosing your own type of dough, sauce and topping.
Fired Pie is open for lunch and dinner and offers something for every pizza lover every day of the week.
o Now with 17 locations in the Phoenix metro area, and two in Tucson, they are the perfect place to enjoy a warm slice of pizza! You can find a location nearest you by visiting Firedpie.com.
Additional happenings at Fired Pie?
o We recently rolled out some brand-new menu items
o Party Pookie: This pookie offers even more to love with mouthwatering half-baked cookie dough topped with vanilla bean ice cream. Serves 3-4
o Garlic Cheese Crisp: house-made dough, garlic & oil, mozzarella, parmesan cheese and fresh oregano.
o Lil Cookie: one warm chocolate chip cookie
o BLT Pizza: Fresh made 11'' pizza crust with mozzarella cheese, bacon, fresh tomatoes and romaine & iceberg lettuce tossed with mayonnaise
For more information and locations: www.Firedpie.com.