Wednesday, December 20Posted: Updated:
The Wildlife World Zoo: Baby African Blue Duiker
African Blue Duiker Facts:
- One of the world’s smallest antelopes in the world
- Full grown they can weigh 7-20 lbs.
- Females are larger than males
- Both males and females grow 2inch horns
- They are very territorial
- Uses scent glands on the side of their face to mark their territory
- Uses sharp horns and sharp hooves to defend territory
- They are the only antelope species to eat meat
- Their cloven hooves give then excellent traction and stability
- The blue duiker is under threat from extensive bush meat hunting across its range
- Major predators include birds of prey to baboons, crocodiles, hyenas, wild dogs, cats, and snakes.
- They are found in a variety of forested habitats including rain forests, riverine forests, dense thickets, and montane forests.
- They are found in abundance throughout central and Southern Africa
Also, are admission tickets are now available online through our Facebook page and website and we are offering $5 off online, now through Christmas for any last-minute shoppers
Use Promo Code "5off"
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website: www.wildlifeworld.com.
National marshmallow experts found right here in the Valley
Toasted Mallow formally known as Fluff It Marshmallows is the only S'mores Bar in the Valley where they toast the marshmallows for you. The business began four years ago as a baking contest at Bass Pro Shop, and it's grown into a full-on business. They now have experienced national attention through the cooking channel and Food network.
For more information: https://www.thetoastedmallow.com/
Toasted Mallow formerly known as Fluff It Marshmallows
1034 N. Gilbert Rd. #3, Gilbert AZ 85234
Fri.- Sat. 11am-9pm
Skateboard Angel program gifts skateboards to Valley kids
If you're still doing some last-minute shopping, how about giving the gift of skateboarding to under privileged kids. That's what the folks over at Cowtown Skateboards are doing for Valley kids in need with their Skateboard Angel Program.
For more information: http://www.cowtownskateboards.com/blog_detail.cfm?blogId=1844
Cowtown Skateboards Locations:
215 W University
Tempe, AZ. 85281
5024 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ. 85012
5708 W Union Hills Rd.
Glendale, AZ. 85308
13000 W. Indian School Rd. Unit A-4
Litchfield Park, AZ. 85340
Why you should think twice about Bitcoin
Money expert and CIO of Arizona Bank & Trust Nancy Tengler tells us which stocks are hot right now and why you should think twice about Bitcoin.
The market has picked up more momentum than Santa's sleigh on Christmas Eve up 25-percent for the year. We started the year just shy of 20-thousand and are now hovering around 25-thousand.
- FDX Fedex continues to deliver not only your holiday packages but in stock returns
- There is a rally this December in the retail family. Like a holiday feud WALMART-WMT and Amazon-AMZN are duking it out in digital. In fact, Walmart Stores is now just Walmart Inc. a serious move in its ongoing, online battle with Amazon.
- Technology still fills out your last-minute gift list. We like the value of Texas Instruments-TXN. We still own Google-GOOGL, Facebook-FB AND Apple-APPL in big ways but we have been trimming those as well as Microsoft-MSFT
- Don't bet on BITCOIN a digital, crypto currency. There is still much uncertainty in its pricing model and it is volatile.
- When it comes to Tax Reform, much of this is reflected in Small Business Optimism which is at its highest level in 34 years; 48% expect better business conditions and 34% expect higher sales in the next six years
For more information on Nancy Tengler: https://nancytengler.com/
Arizona Bank & Trust
2036 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Feast of the Seven Fishes with Tomaso's
The classic Italian four-course meal includes a variety of fresh seafood, seven types of fish to be exact. Christmas Eve is traditionally a fasting day for Roman Catholics, so the abundance of seafood reflects abstinence from red meat until actual Christmas Day.
Tomaso Maggiore of Tomaso's Italian Restaurant and Tomaso's When in Rome has created a staple "holiday gathering" dining experience in the Valley with the classic Italian "Feast of the Seven Fishes" (Festa dei sette pesci) on Christmas Eve. It's a four-course meal including a variety of fresh seafood, seven types of fish to be exact.
Chef Tomaso serves up a variety of under-the-sea favorites including everything from baked clams to crustacean cioppino and balsamic glazed sea scallops. This is a very special meal for the Maggiore family as Tomaso has been serving it since the beginning of his entrepreneurial time. Having been raised in the kitchen with his mother and thoughtfully learning the Roman Catholic traditions, Tomaso has passed this custom down to his family members keeping the Italian spirit alive and extended to his loyal following of family members, customers and friends.
Tomaso's will be hosting and serving dinner at both restaurant locations on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Tomaso's Italian Restaurant is located at 3225 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix and can be reached at (602) 956-0836 for reservations and Tomaso's When in Rome is located at 23655 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 120, Scottsdale and can be reached at (480) 404-6085 for reservations.
Tomaso's Italian Restaurant, (602) 956-0836, www.tomasos.com, serving from 12 to 9 p.m.
Tomaso's When in Rome, (480) 404-6085, www.tomasoswheninrome.com, serving from 12 to 9 p.m.