Tuesday, October 24Posted: Updated:
National Career Fairs
National Career Fairs will have a job fair today from 11 am to 2 pm at the Hilton Phoenix Airport.
You will have the opportunity to meet top employers and to interview for several positions during the course of the day, meeting the people who make the hiring decisions. You will save a lot of time since there will be no need to craft a customized personal statement for each company you visit: You'll be able to tell them why you wish to work for them, and you'll have the chance to sell yourself.
Dress in your best professional clothes, bring resumes and visit our Phoenix Career Fairs.
For more information: https://www.nationalcareerfairs.com/career-fairs/phoenix-career-fairs/20171024/
Hilton Phoenix Airport
2435 South 47th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 2017
11 AM - 2 PM
Arizona's Tallest Fresh Cut Christmas Tree Arrives in Anthem Kicking Off Holiday Season
For the 16th consecutive year, Outlets at Anthem will welcome and place the state's largest fresh cut Christmas tree! The tree arrival event kicks off the holiday season.
- This year's tree is 80 feet tall topped with a copper star
- The tree's width is approximately 22 feet across
- More than 1.5 miles of LED lights are used to decorate the tree
- More than 5,000 ornaments and bows decorate the tree
- To secure the tree, it is lowered into a specially designed, permanent 3-foot-wide by 7-foot-deep well.
- Six guy wires are attached to the top portion of the tree to keep it steady and secure throughout the holiday season.
Outlets at Anthem
4250 Anthem Way
Phoenix, Arizona 85086
Sniff 2017 is an event you won't want to miss and it's coming up this week!
A cocktail and auction event to raise funds for low and no-cost spay/neuter services of companion animals in the Valley. Held Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at Gainey Ranch Golf Club in Scottsdale.
- SniffAZ is a not-for-profit, all-volunteer Valley organization established in 2012 dedicated to funding low cost and no cost spay/neuter services. Their mission is to raise awareness of the need for spay and neuter of companion animals and to generate funding for the organizations that efficiently deliver spay and neuter services in Maricopa County.
- Proceeds benefit The Arizona Pet Project and Altered Tails, two organizations that support low income families and their pets in the Valley with free spay/neuter services. They make the best use of funds to save the largest number of animals.
- Event takes place this Wednesday, October 25, at Gainey Ranch Golf Club in Scottsdale.
- 5:30 -7:30 p.m., ticket price is just $75 (through Tuesday night) and includes:
o Lots of pets with adoptable dogs (and cats?) from Maricopa County Animal Care & Control
o Free tastings from Tito's Handmade Vodka, Helton Brewery, Easy Rider Bourbon & Pourmasters
o An amazing silent auction
- A live auction, and a whiskey and wine raffle (Must be in attendance for these) A take-home swag bag (show sample) that contains a treasure of items treats for your furry friend, loads of product samples, some sweet morsels, a full bottle of wine! Including coupons, free services and items, the value of our take home bag alone is over $150.
- A ton of fun!
For more information and to register: www.sniffaz.org/register
Date: October 25, 2017
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Place: Gainey Ranch Golf Club, Scottsdale, AZ
Price: $75 (Door price is $100)
SniffAZ is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to raise awareness of the need for spay and neuter of companion animals and to generate funding for the organizations that deliver spay and neuter services in Maricopa County. Donations and contributions are deductible to the full extent provided by law. For more information about SniffAZ and SNIFF events, visit www.sniffaz.org.
Break Out of the Box Design Challenge
If you have a creative middle school student, in grades 6th-8th, a free Valley design challenge might be calling their name. CK Valenti Designs of Chandler is challenging local middle school students (grades 6 - 8) to test their design and building skills at the company's first annual "Break out of the Box Challenge."
Registered participants will be given a box of materials with instructions and two weeks to complete their design/build challenge. Students must present their creations at the "Break Out of the Box Challenge event and awards day to win. Judges will award prizes based on creativity, execution and craftsmanship.
Students and families are welcome to attend Challenge and Awards Event, which will include food, drinks, interactive activities, building demos, shop tours and an award presentation.
Top three winners will receive prizes and the opportunity to be VIP apprentices for a day at CK Valenti Designs, where students can explore future career opportunities, learn from the company's expert craftsmen and engineers, and explore how to "make cool stuff."
The Challenge is free to enter and attend; families and friends are welcome.
- Registration begins online: Sunday, Oct. 1
- Box pick-up begins at CK Valenti: Friday, Oct. 20
- Challenge Day & Awards Event: Saturday, Nov. 4 ,12:00 p.m. 2:00 p.m.
Registration is required to enter, and spots are limited
Registration, instructions and challenge rules available at: https://ckvalentidesigns.com/breakout2017
CK Valenti Designs
385 E Warner Road, Suite 4,
Chandler, AZ 85225
Best breakfast patios in the Valley: Luci's at the Orchard
Luci's at the Orchard offers a unique marketplace, cafe, coffee and juice bar, and vintage ice cream shop in a casual and welcoming environment.
Deeply rooted in the Phoenix community, Luci's continues to provide a space for happiness, discovery and community.
For more information: http://www.lucisorchard.com/
Luci's at the Orchard
100 North 12th Street, Building Two, Phoenix, AZ 85020
Phone: (602) 633-2442
Prepping your pup for patio season
1. Before you hit the busy dog-friendly patios this fall, you have to prep your pup!
2. Start small take your dog to a quiet coffee shop before heading to, say, O.H.S.O., which is filled with stimulation at every turn that can overwhelm your dog.
3. Try basic obedience classes having that bond and trust between you and your dog is a great foundation for being well-mannered at a patio. Basic obedience includes mastery of commands such as "sit, stay, down, place, leave it and come"
4. Bring something to distract your dog a lot of fun is happening above the table, but give your dog a peanut-butter-stuffed toy so he or she doesn't get bored or distracted by passing cars or birds
5. Bring the right gear a front-lead harness keeps a dog feeling comfortable but also obedient. Back-clip harnesses can make dogs feel like they're off leash and they may act out more.
For more information on visit: https://aawl.org/
Arizona Animal Welfare league
25 N 40th Street Phoenix AZ 85034
Bear Ghost kicks off Apache Lake Music Fest
The local band is one of the bands performing this weekend. More than 28 musical acts will play over two days.
Bear Ghost is a rock band from Phoenix, AZ that fuses intricate musicianship, melodies and song structure to deliver a one of a kind sound. Since the release of the band's first full album entitled "Blasterpiece", the Phoenix market has taken notice.
Bear Ghost has quickly become one of the area's favorite bands and "Blasterpiece" has received high critical acclaim, winning the market's Album Of The Year for 2016 from the Phoenix New Times, despite its February release date.
For more information: www.apachelakemusicfestival.com
For more information the group "Bearghost," visit: www.bearghost.com
Download song they performed for free at www.bearghost.com/gmaz
Apache Lake Music Festival
229.5 Mile Marke
Roosevelt, Arizona 85545
You-pick-it farms in Willcox are busy this Fall season
Just in time for Halloween, you can pick out the perfect pumpkin at Apple Annie's Produce & Pumpkins. Apple Annie's is located in Wilcox just a 3 hour drive South East, just past Tucson.
Fall is here, and the fields are filled with beautiful orange pumpkins ready for picking. Apple Annie's Produce & Pumpkins in Willcox will celebrate the fall season with their annual Fall Pumpkin Celebration, running every weekend through October. Visitors will have the pick of the crop in the 35-acre pumpkin patch, with pumpkins ranging from the mini Jack-be-Little to Atlantic Giant's topping the scales at over 200 pounds.
Families of all ages can find plenty of fun at the Fall Pumpkin Celebration. Enjoy a hayride to the pumpkin patch to choose the perfect pumpkin, pick your own winter squash and other fall vegetables, or shop for fall decorations with a huge variety of gourds and decorative squash to select from.
Make sure to make time to explore the 20-acre corn maze, shaped in the design of Arizona, featuring some of the things that make our state the greatest in the country! The maze has two levels of difficulty, so you can choose depending on how adventurous you feel. The maze is open daily through October 31
Apple Annie's is a family farming operation, owned and operated by John and Annie Holcomb, son Matt and wife Alicia, daughter Mandy and husband David Kirkendall and John's father, Don. The 4300' elevation of the Sulphur Springs Valley provides us with the warm days and cool nights that make Willcox the premier you-pick fruit and vegetable growing area in Arizona for pumpkins, delicious sweet corn, melons, pumpkins and many other vegetables.
For more information: http://www.appleannies.com/
Apple Annies You-Pick Orchard
2081 Hardy Rd, Willcox, AZ 85643
Apple Annie's Produce & Pumpkins
6405 Williams Rd, Willcox, AZ 85643
1510 N. Circle I Rd.
Willcox, AZ 85643
Personalize pumpkin for easy and inexpensive decor
Decorating pumpkins that can take you all the way to Thanksgiving
- Designing easy DIY fake pumpkins
- Crafting adorable family friendly pumpkins that are not scary
- Adding personalization to pumpkin decor
For more information: www.restylejunkie.com
625 W. Deer Valley Rd. #108
Phoenix, AZ 85027