Tuesday, October 17Posted: Updated:
Hiring Event to Address Employment Needs in Maryvale
Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC) Workforce Solutions in partnership with Arizona@Works, Goodwill, Dress For Success, and Rio Salado College will host a hiring event on Tuesday, October 17 from 10am to 3pm at the Legends Event Center in Phoenix.
Job applicants will bring resumes and complete on-site interviews with major employers in the area, including Walmart, Chase, CenturyLink, Banner Health, Starbucks, UPS, Los Altos Ranch Market among others.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/events/2031930163693595/
Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Legends Event Center
4240 W. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85019
Coast-to-Coast Career Phoenix Job Fair October 18, 2017
Coast-to-Coast Career Fairs will be holding a Job Fair in Phoenix on Wednesday, October 18th at Radisson Phoenix Airport. 100's of Jobs will be available from; Sales, Marketing, Law Enforcement, Customer Service, Administrative, Accounting, Financial Services, Banking, Retail, Insurance and more.
Anyone looking for work in the Phoenix area is encouraged to attend this FREE event. The event starts at 11:00 AM and ends at 2:00 PM. Coast-to-Coast Career Fairs will also have a career expert onsite who will be providing FREE resume critique.
For more information, go to http://www.coasttocoastcareerfairs.com/job_fairs_by/city/AZ/Phoenix
Phoenix Job Fair
October 18, 2017
11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Radisson Phoenix Airport
427 N. 44th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
Fiesta Bowl Teacher Wishes
Arizona's teachers can now submit their wish on how they would use $5,000 for their classrooms. Fiesta Bowl Charities Wishes for Teachers, in partnership with azcentral, will provide more than 100 grants of $5,000 each to Arizona K-12 public or charter school teachers.
- Fiesta Bowl Charities created Wishes for Teachers in 2016 and granted $500,000 to 100 teachers statewide, with each teacher receiving $5,000 to bolster resources in schools and benefit students. The Fiesta Bowl organization saw that many teachers spent money on their own to enhance their classroom experience and developed a program to aid teachers in that effort.
- Teachers fill out an online application form at www.WishesForTeachers.org detailing their school or classroom need and, after meeting the criteria, wishes are selected by random drawing to receive a $5,000 grant. The application period runs through Friday, November 3.
- This year, Fiesta Bowl Charities will match up to $500,000 in contributions, with the ultimate goal to substantially increase the overall funding from 2016 and the number of teachers who will enjoy a $5,000 wish. The Arizona Republic and azcentral have joined in the efforts by spearheading a new text to donate initiative and providing promotional support for this important campaign.
- To donate to the Wishes for Teachers program, text 'TEACHERS' to 51555 or use the online donation form. The contribution period is open through November 3.
- All teachers who submit their wish receive a complimentary one-year digital subscription to azcentral.
You beat breast cancer. Now what?
During breast cancer awareness month, it is also important to inform about the stages after cancer. Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery previews a special event for breast reconstruction awareness day.
B.R.A. (Breast Reconstruction Awareness) Open House to be held at practice on Wednesday 10/18/2017 (National Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day. There will be fun raffles & silent auction items to support The Plastic Surgery Foundation's- Breast Reconstruction Awareness Campaign! Refreshments, sips & sweets will be served!
For more information visit: www.mosharrafa.com/events
Mosharrafa Plastic Surgery
4611 E. Shea Blvd., Suite 230, Phoenix, AZ 85028
Office: (602) 513-8133
O.H.S.O. hosts dog-friendliest Oktoberfest in Valley
O.H.S.O. is hosting the dog-friendliest Oktoberfest in the Valley on Thursday, Oct. 19. Owner Jon Lane brewed a custom beer on behalf of the Arizona Animal Welfare League called Puppy Kisses Pumpkin Porter, and 100-percent of all ticket sales and proceeds will go to AAWL.
- This Oktoberfest event is pet-friendly, so people can come with their two- and four-legged best friends
- Tickets are $29 or $49 for two (walk-up/day-of tickets may cost more)
- For tickets, go to www.aawl.org/oktoberfest
- Each ticket includes: Das Lederhosen performance, custom beer, soft drink, brat/hotdog, pretzel and potato salad
- Pet goody bags will also go to the first 100 guests
15681 N. Hayden Rd., Ste. 112 in Scottsdale
For more information: www.aawl.org
Arizona Animal Welfare league
25 N 40th Street Phoenix AZ 85034
Venue at the Grove holding $50,000 wedding contest
One deserving, local couple will be chosen to win the most picturesque Garden Party Wedding at Venue at the Grove completely free. But there's a twist! The lucky couple will only have ONE WEEK between being chosen and tying the knot to choose what they'll wear, how the day will look and who will be there before the two say "I do," on Sunday, November 19th.
- Couples can enter for the $50,000 Garden Party Wedding Giveaway now through Friday, October 20th
- Couple can enter by sharing their love story and why they should win at www.phoenixweddinggiveaway.com.
- A team of 11 local wedding professionals and companies are joining forces for the wedding giveaway: Venue at the Grove, Ensemble Catering, Tiffany & Ryland Photography, Blue Eyes Productions, Sugarlips Cakery, Direct Sounds DJ, EventRents, Wild Child Floral Designs, Mr. Formal, LUV Bridal and Amanda Victoria Beauty.
- The winners will be announced on Monday, November 13th, and the wedding will be held on Sunday, November 19th.
For a closer look at contest rules and guidelines, or to enter the win the $50,000 Garden Party Wedding Giveaway prize package, visit www.PhoenixWeddingGiveaway.com. For more about Venue at the Grove, visit www.VenueattheGrove.com.
Venue at the Grove
7010 S 27th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85041
Paul's Mission Moments: How Paul's Car Wash benefits those in need
Each day, beginning today from 4:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., CBS 5's Chief Meteorologist Paul Horton joins community and corporate volunteers of all ages to wash cars, with donations benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arizona (BBBSAZ).
BBBSAZ recruitment specialists will be available throughout the event to provide information about how to become a "Big." In addition, the Big Brothers Big Sisters Donation Center will be on site to collect donations of clothing and household items. If getting out to Desert Ridge (Oct. 16-20) or Jacksons Car Wash, San Tan location, (Oct. 20 only) is not an option, supporters can make a donation by texting "paulscarwash" to 41444 or by visiting www.azfamily.com/carwash and clicking on the "Donate Online" button.
Have you ever tried lavash pizza?
October is National Pizza Month and Pita Jungle has delicious wood fired pizzas on their menu - a different/healthier take on the popular dish. Pita Jungle also has these mini pita pizzas on their happy hour menu for just $5.
What's next for AGT singer Evie Clair?
She was Arizona's little darling on America's Got Talent. She stole the show with her booming voice, and heart-wrenching story about her father's battle with Cancer. Dad, Amos passed away in early September, and Evie stole America's hearts again with a powerful tribute to her late father. The 13-year-old made it all the way to the top 10, and she joins us this morning to talk about her experience, the audition process for upcoming contestants, and where auditions will be held come November.
For more information: http://www.americasgottalentauditions.com/audition-cities/orlando/
Last minute costume ideas from Goodwill
Don't have a Halloween costume yet? Goodwill says you will be able to put one together easily! They also have a contest running.
Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona has over 80 stores where shoppers can use their imaginations to create custom and unique costumes! Arizonans can shop for components of their costume with authenticity and imagination. From pirates, witches, zombies, and the latest in politics and pop-culture, Goodwill's stores offer an unparalleled alternative to boring packaged costumes.
Goodwill will be offering many in-store promotions geared towards savings.
Treats Not Tricks! October 28: Stop by any store for a candy treat from 1PM - 3PM.
Halloween Seasonal Extra Savings
- 50% Off October 27 - 30
- 75% Off October 31
Shop your local Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona store for a one-of-a-kind Halloween costume, take a photo in your costume, share it with us by posting on our Facebook page by 11:59PM on October 31, 2017 to be entered in this year's Costume Contest.
Prizes will be awarded to Best Costumes:
- 1st Place - $250 Goodwill Gift card
- 2nd Place - $75 Goodwill Gift card
- 3rd Place - $50 Goodwill Gift card
For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/GoodwillAZ/
For store locations visit: www.goodwillaz.org or call: 602-535-4000
Esperanza Awards honor 4 Latino Valley teachers
Chicanos Por La Causa honors four outstanding teachers have unique backgrounds and inspiring stories that have led them to where they are today.
- Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., (CPLC) is proud to announce the 2017 Esperanza Latino Teacher Awards recipients. These four outstanding teachers have unique backgrounds and inspiring stories that have led them to where they are today.
- After a careful evaluation of many worthy candidates, and much difficult deliberation, the independent selection committee chose these educators because each has demonstrated successful academic results in the classroom as well as their commitment to their respective local communities. The independent committee consists of volunteers from other nonprofit organizations, school administrators, past honorees, representatives from the business community, and from CPLC Board of Directors.
- The four winners will be honored at the 19th Annual Esperanza Latino Teacher Awards ceremony on October 17h at Grand Canyon University Arena in Phoenix. Their families, peers, community leaders and elected officials will join in the special celebration. In addition, the winning teachers receive a $5,000 cash award and a stipend of $2,500 to their respective schools.
- In addition, the winning teachers receive a $5,000 cash award and a stipend of $2,500 to their respective schools
To learn more about the Esperanza Awards and CPLC visit: https://www.cplc.org/
Pokitrition joins the line-up at Lost Lake Festival
Have you ever heard of sushi burritos? It's the latest fad, and Pokitrition of Chandler brings the first sushi burritos to the Valley. Where can you find them this week? They'll be joining the line-up at the Lost Lake Music Festival.
Started by ASU grads, Pokitrition opened its first shop in Chandler in early 2017. Pokitrition serves up traditional Hawaiian poke bowls with a modern twist made from fresh, never frozen Hawaiian fish. In addition to their poke bowls, they also serve a customizable sushi burrito! Pokitrition will be joining more than 25 local chefs and restaurants at the Lost Lake Festival, Oct. 20-22 at Steele Indian School Park.
- Pokitrition is first restaurant to introduce the customizable Sushi Burrito in Arizona!
- Pokitrition was named by Phoenix New Times the Best Poke in the Valley.
- Highlighting the Valley's vibrant culinary scene with more than 25 local chefs and restaurants, Phoenix Flavors will showcase the best food in Phoenix, everything from local food truck favorites to Phoenix restaurant icons.
- Tickets are still available for Lost Lake Festival, which will be held Oct. 20-22, 2017, at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix. Get tickets at LostLakeFestival.com.
- More than just music, Lost Lake will feature some of the best chefs, restaurants, mixologists and artists in the Valley. The event is a first of its kind in the Valley.
For more information on Pokitrition: http://pokitrition.com/
For more information on the Lost Lake Festival, visit: https://www.lostlakefestival.com/festival-info/
Lost Lake will take place at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix, Arizona.
Friday 2pm - 11pm
Saturday 12:30pm - 11pm
Sunday 12:30pm - 10:30pm
More than just music, Lost Lake will feature some of the best chefs, restaurants, mixologists and artists in the Valley. The event is a first of its kind in the Valley.
Tickets are still available for Lost Lake Festival, which will be held Oct. 20-22, 2017, at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix. Get tickets at LostLakeFestival.com.
The event will feature more than 45 musical acts across three stages. From top local talent and iconic artists to international acts, the festival will feature Futuristic, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Major Lazer, ODESZA, The Roots, Run The Jewels, Pixies, and many more.
Lost Lake Festival
Oct. 20-22, 2017
Steele Indian School Park
300 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85012