Friday, October 13Posted: Updated:
Front Porch Pickin's Market comes to Chandler
October 13th and 14th is time to shop at Front Porch Pickin's market. The market features hundreds of vendors with antique and handmade goods. There is also plenty of food and lots of fun on hand, to make for a week-end where you can pick your fun.
- The large-scale shopping showcase set for 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13 and Saturday, Oct. 14th
- Tickets are $10, and children ages 12 and under may enter for free. Onsite parking is also available for $5.
For more information: http://www.frontporchpickins.com/
Wildhorse pass Motorsports Park
20000 S Maricopa Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226
Get your taco fix at Taco Festival this weekend!
The Arizona Taco Festival is October 14 & 15th, featuring more than 50 taco vendors from around Valley, plus top mixologists shaking up cocktails, lucha libre wrestlers, hot chili pepper eating contests and more.
- Chihuahua Beauty Pageant, Kid's Zone, Eating Contests, plus the Most Interesting Man in the World will be here.
Tickets are available for both Saturday and Sunday, including tickets to the VIP Tent, presented by DEGREE 270. This ticket comes with 5 beverages, 10 tacos, and access to an exclusive area featuring private shaded seating, private bathrooms, and a Talking Stick Resort DJ.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.aztacofestival.com
Arizona Taco Festival
7555 N. Pima Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Saturday, October 14 & Sunday, October 15 from 11am-7pm
Friday the 13th at 13th Floor
Are you superstitious? It's Friday the 13th, oooh spooky! So, we had to send Javier Soto to hang out with the zombies and creatures at 13th Floor in Phoenix, one of the Valley's scariest haunted houses.
The 13th Floor is an intense, graphic, theatrical show that will take you on a gut-wrenching ride of visceral thrills and psychological horror. Sixty thousand square feet of shocking twists and horrifying turns are waiting for you at 13th Floor Haunted House!
Prepare to be terrified by two epic haunted attraction walkthroughs for one all-inclusive price: "Ancient Evil" and "Zombie Land: Biohazard."
For more information: http://13thflooraz.com/
2814 W Bell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85053
Tolmachoff Farms Fall lineup includes "Pumpkin Days" and more
Nothing says it's Fall more than a weekend on the farm. We head out to Tolmachoff Farms as they gear up for their October and November events, which includes Pumpkin Days, a haunted corn maze, and fresh farm-to-table produce.
For more information: http://www.tolmachoff-farms.com/index.html
5726 N. 75th Ave.
Glendale, AZ. 85303
1/4 mile south of Bethany Home Rd on the west side of 75th Ave.
Field Trips Phone: 602-377-4747
For Field Trips Email: email@example.com
Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake this weekend!
Four Peaks Oktoberfest returns to Tempe Town Lake for its 45th year this weekend! The event is free admission, open to all ages and features live music, food and drinks, games, dancing and more.
- Four Peaks Oktoberfest returns to Tempe Town Lake for its 45th year this weekend.
- The free admission event is open to all ages and features live music, food and drinks, games, dancing and more.
- The annual fundraiser benefits Tempe Sister Cities, an internationally recognized non-profit. Proceeds from Oktoberfest will be used to send Tempe high school students to ten of Tempe's sister cities.
- New this year, Four Peaks Oktoberfest will serve a Brat Burrito along with traditional festival food and drinks. The event will also host a 4v4 Soccer Tournament along with Karaoke on Friday and a Superhero themed day and costume contest on Sunday.
For a schedule of activities, VIP packages are available for purchase visit: www.fourpeaksoktoberfest.com.
October 13-15, 2017
Friday, October 13: 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Saturday, October 14: 10:00 AM - 12:00AM
Sunday, October 15: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Four Peaks Oktoberfest at Tempe Town Lake
80 W Rio Salado Pkwy
Tempe, AZ 85281
FREE Family-Friendly Event
A thrill of a lifetime at Vintage Wings & Wheels Car Show
Where can you spend the day checking out the coolest hotrods and vintage cars? This Saturday at Falcon Field, you'll be able to check out over 200 hotrods from 1972 and older, food trucks and more. The event is Saturday, October 14th from 10 am to 4pm.
$40.00 Entrance fee
(includes 2 passes to the CAF Museum - a $30-dollar value, plus a goody-bag & T-Shirt)
For more information: www.southweststreetrods.com
Vintage Wings & Wheels Car Show
@ Falcon Field 2017 N. Greenfield Rd., Mesa, Arizona 85215
GMAZ Junior Chefs: Cooking a Traditional Dish from India
Sisters Nyah and Kaya Kshatriya love to cook cuisine from India. They've learned how to prepare traditional dishes from their mom, Gita. The Kshatriyas often combine fresh, healthy ingredients with benefits of authentic Indian spices, for delicious dishes. They make Pauv Baji in the GMAZ kitchen.
You can find the recipe, along with other traditional Indian dishes, on a website their mom created: http://www.warriorinthekitchen.com/recipe/pav-bhaji-recipe-in-an-instant-pot-a-classic-indian-street-food/.
Family Game Day Foodie: Cardinals vs Buccaneers
It's been a week of sports ups and downs, but there's always one thing that brings all sports fans together and that's game day food. Food Blogger Heather Walker joins us with some perfect tailgating chili recipes to warm you up, as the Fall nights get chillier.
- Chili is the CLASSIC tailgate staple everywhere, especially when it's cold outside
- The Buccaneers are PIRATES, so I always think of what pirates would have to eat while out at sea (not very fresh food, lots of fish, dirty salt water, canned foods, etc.)
- So, we're just going to throw some things in a pot for them (canned chili, shrimp shells, wilted veggies)
- For the Cardinals, we're going to bring a bit of the NACHO MAMA's Mac n Cheese that Scott liked so much into play here by turning it into a CHILI! (Seasoned beef, tomatoes, beans and cheese sauce) I'm serving it up in a bread bowl (that worked against the 49ers) and serving it with a Pacifico beer!
AZ Cardinals Southwest Enchilada Chili
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 4 hours / Servings: 10-12
2 lbs. Open Nature Australian Grass Fed Ground Beef (85% lean 15% fat)
2 cans Juanita's Nacho Cheese Sauce (15 oz. each)
3 cans pinto beans, drained (15 oz. each)
1 can Red Gold Tomato Sauce (15 oz.)
1 can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes (14.5 oz.)
1 cup La Salsa Green Enchilada Sauce
1 oz. packet of McCormick Taco Seasoning
2 tbsp. olive oil
Shredded Mexican blend cheese
Chopped fresh tomatoes
Chopped green onions
Chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot or dutch oven on medium heat. Add the ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
2. Add the pinto beans, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce and nacho cheese sauce. Stir until combined, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 4 hours, stirring occasionally, until the chili reduces down.
4. Serve in bowls or cups and top with fresh sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh tomatoes, avocado slices, chopped green onion and/or fresh cilantro.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Swashbuckler's Stew
Prep Time: 3 months at sea / Cook Time: All Day / Servings: 1 small pirate crew
2 gallons dirty drinking water
1 entire fish of your choice (including eyeballs)
1 leather boot (for flavor)
1 handful of wilted parsley
1 moldy onion
1 wrinkly orange bell pepper
1 bag of beans
anything else in the galley that hasn't spoiled (and maybe a few things that have)
1. Throw it in a big pot and boil it 'til its stew.
For more information: www.phoenixfamilyfoodie.com/blog