Friday, Sept. 15Posted: Updated:
Scarizona Scaregrounds (formerly Arizona's Original Scream Park) the leading place for fun food, drinks, games and SCARES in October, is looking for 100 passionate employees to come join its seasonal scream team. Available positions include actors, zombies, truck drivers, paintball operators, attraction loaders, crowd workers, concession, bartenders, ticket sales, ticket takers, parking lot attendants and much more.
Interested candidates can come out for on the spot hiring Friday Sept. 15 and Saturday Sept. 16 from 4:00pm - 7:00pm at the park location. 1901 N. Alma School Road, Mesa. Loop 202 & Alma School Road.
Candidates may also visit the website to submit interest at: www.scarizona.com
The Van Buren opens in Downtown Phoenix
The Phoenix music scene is growing in a big way with the opening of a new live music venue called The Van Buren.
Next week of concerts: 9/15 Grateful Shred, 9/16 Future Islands, 9/17 Against Me! 9/19 Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit
Wide range of genres in upcoming shows: 10/12 Portugal. The Man - alternative, 10/28 - Flying Lotus - electronic, 11/9 Chase Rice - country
- Concession stand is not your standard concert fare
- Serving gourmet BBQ sliders with house-made potato chips - options include brisket, pulled chicken and vegan jackfruit
- Can also snack on French fries or load them up with jackfruit and slaw
- Three bars inside the venue and drinks served outside on the patio at the concession stand
- Wide range of beers offered, including local options like Four Peaks Kilt lifter and White Ale
- Serving the Honey Badger, a favorite cocktail for those who are familiar with Crescent Ballroom and Valley Bar
- Venue can be rented for private events - corporate dinner, fundraising galas, bar & bat mitzvahs
- Food and drink menus can be customized for events
For more information, visit: www.thevanburenphx.com
The Van Buren
401 W Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Coyotes training camp begins today and is free for fans
It's the coolest and hottest sport around, if you're a hockey fan, then you know today is a big day. At 9 a.m. the Coyotes take to the rink at Gila River Arena for training camp. And, all practices are free and open to the public. Fans should enter through Gate #3/Security entrance.
The Coyotes will open the 2017-18 preseason on Monday, Sept. 18 versus the Los Angeles Kings. Game time vs. Los Angeles is set for 7:00 p.m. at Gila River Arena. Arizona will conclude its eight-game preseason schedule at SAP Center against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 7:00 p.m.
For more information, visit: https://www.nhl.com/coyotes or call 480-563-PUCK (7825).
Gila River Arena
9400 W Maryland Ave, Glendale, AZ 85305
95th Ave. & Coyotes Blvd.
Churn flavor of the month to benefit MDA
We're at Churn Ice Cream this morning where the flavor of the month will benefit MDA. It's all a part of the Taste of the Town event coming up Oct. 13th. Proceeds from Taste of the Town benefit more than 2,500 Arizona families affected by muscle disease registered with the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
For tickets and information, visit: https://www.mdatasteofthetown.com/tickets
Taste of the Town Event
Friday, October 13th, 2017
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
15279 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, Arizona 85254
Muscular Dystrophy Association
7975 N Hayden Rd Suite C-370
Scottsdale AZ 85258
Churn Ice Cream
5223 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Phone: (602) 279-8024
Tess' Tips: Hooked on Command Hooks!
No nails and hammering needed, no damage to your walls and they come off easily. We're talking about Command hooks. There are endless ways to use them. All week, 3TV's Tess Rafols shares her tips to help organize your life and your home. See why she is hooked on these hooks, starting in the kitchen!
For more information, visit: http://www.azfamily.com/category/297145/good-morning-arizona
Mustaches for Maddie: Helping a child deal with a health crisis.
At the age of nine Maddie Brown was diagnosed with a brain tumor. One way her family helped her deal with such a traumatic diagnosis was to help Maddie collect fake mustaches. We find out how that turned into a nationwide outpouring of support and helped Maddie through. Mom. Shelly Brown, wrote a book about the experience and shares it with us.
For more information visit: www.mustachesformaddie.com
To buy "Mustaches for Maddie, " visit: https://www.amazon.com/Mustaches-Maddie-Chad-Morris/dp/1629723304
Phoenix Family Foodie: Game Day Drinks!
After last week’s double whammy with a loss to the Lions and the injury of David Johnson, Heather Walker is hitting the reset button, having a cocktail (or two) and getting back on the Cardinals bandwagon with some game day drink recipes as the Cardinals take on the Colts.
Recipe: Indianapolis Colts Luckless Apple Cider
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 5 minutes / Servings: 4
- 16 oz. fresh apple cider
- 8 oz. Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
- 2 oz. Fireball Whiskey
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Fuji apple slices
- 4 fresh mint sprigs
- 4 cinnamon sticks
1. In a medium saucepan combine the apple cider, rum, whiskey and pumpkin pie spice. Heat on medium heat for 5 minutes until warm. Pour into 4 individual cups or glasses.
2. Garnish each glass with an apple slice, a mint sprig and a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
Recipe: Arizona Cardinals Red Sea Margarita
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 0 minutes / Servings: 4
- 16 oz. Simply Fruit Punch juice drink
- 4 oz. cup fresh lime juice (about 6 limes)
- 10 oz. good quality silver tequila
- 4 oz. triple sec
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- kosher or margarita salt
- 4 fresh lime wedges
1. Fill a large pitcher halfway up with ice. Add the fruit punch, lime juice, tequila and triple sec. Stir until combined. Stir in the raspberries.
2. Pour the salt onto a small plate. Wet the tops of 4 large margarita glasses and dip the edges in the salt. Pour the mixed margarita evenly into the four glasses. Garnish with a fresh raspberry and a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
For more information, visit: www.phoenixfamilyfoodie.com/blog
Food Truck Friday: New wood fired grill hits the scene
For this Food truck Friday, a new wood fired grill has hit the food truck scene. Check out this uniquely Arizona truck called "Drive Wood Fired Grill."
For more information, visit: http://www.drivewoodfiredgrill.com or call: 480-710-4806