Cauliflower Rice with Sweet Corn, Green Beans and a Parmesan Crust
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 Tbsp. Butter 1/2 cup Fresh bread crumbs 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated 2 Tbsp. Parsley, roughly chopped. (reserve a few whole leaves for garnish) ¼ cup Pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped 2 Tbsp. Olive oil 1 small Red onion, small dice 1 head Cauliflower, cored and cut into florets 1-1/4 cup Sweet corn (about 2 large ears) 1 each Red bell pepper, small dice 3/4 lb. Green beans, trimmed, blanched and cut crosswise into ¼” pieces 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard dissolved in ¼ cup water To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and cook slowly until lightly browned; stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Transfer the browned crumbs to a mixing bowl and allow to cool. Stir in the parmesan, parsley and pine nuts; set aside.
2. Wipe out the sauté pan; add the olive oil and onion and sauté until softened (about 3 minutes).
3. In the meantime, working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until you arrive at a rice-like consistency. Set aside.
4. Add corn, bell pepper, cauliflower and green beans to the sauté pan, cook 5 minutes or so until vegetables are tender. Stir in the mustard and season to taste with a little salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the parmesan crust and the reserved parsley leaves.