Friday, Sept. 8Posted: Updated:
There will be some real life hot dogs at Chase Field this weekend with Bark at the Park. But, get this, if your dog loves the water, he could learn to be a real super surfer. We check out the Wave maker for doggy surfers, and learn what it takes for these pets to hang ten.
The Lucy Pet's Gnarly Crankin' (75-foot, 5,000 gallon) K9 Wave Maker will be coming to Chase Field on Sept. 10 in conjunction with Bark at the Park hosted by the Arizona Diamondbacks. On tap to ride the waves for pre-event demos is local favorite pro surf dog Rooster, Macho the surfing and balloon popping Teddy Roosevelt Terrier, chihuahua, Coppertone the surfing dachshund and Ricky the Surfing Rescue Kitty for the non-profit Lucy Pet Foundation as well.
For more information, on Bark at the Park, visit: http://m.mlb.com/dbacks/tickets/info/bark-at-the-park
Lucy Pet Foundation is a non-profit organization whose sole mission is to prevent the euthanasia of 80,000 pets per week through spay and neuter education.
For more information the Lucy Pet Foundation, visit: http://www.lucypetfoundation.org/
2017 9/11 Tower Challenge
More than 300 active duty and retired first responders, military members and their families will climb 2,071 steps this morning at Gila River Arena in remembrance of those who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001.
For more information, visit: www.100club.org
Gila River Arena--Glendale
9400 W. Maryland Ave.
Glendale, AZ 85305
Loop 101 & Bethany Home Rd
Marvel Universe Live: Age of Heroes
Marvel fans unite for the all-new, action-packed arena adventure. Starting tonight at Talking Stick Resort Arena, some of Marvel's greatest super heroes including The Avengers, Spider-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy join forces with Doctor Strange in a race against time.
Marvel Universe LIVE! Age of Heroes will be playing Phoenix from September 810 with performances at the Talking Stick Resort Arena.
For more information, visit: https://www.marveluniverselive.com/
Talking Stick Resort Arena
201 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix AZ 85004
Jefferson & 3rd Street
Family game day foodie: Arizona Cardinals vs. Detroit Lions
It's finally here! The very first regular season NFL game of 2017-18, so we're getting right down to the nitty gritty with a big burger battle. Heather Walker will be showing off a Sonoran Sunrise burger for the Cardinals, and turning the Lions into Lambs with a Greek Town Lamb Burger!
For more information, visit: www.phoenixfamilyfoodie.com/blog
Detroit Lions Greek Town Lamb Burger
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 12 minutes / Servings: 4
1 lb. Open Nature grass-fed ground lamb
1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
1 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
1 clove of fresh garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. each, salt and pepper
2 cups fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
4 slices fresh tomato
4 Kaiser rolls
1 roasted red bell pepper
1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped (reserve 1/4 cup olive oil)
9.5 oz. jar pitted Kalamata Olives, drained
2 tbsp. Capers
2 tbsp. fresh chopped Parsley
2 large basil leaves
1 scallion, chopped
juice from 1/2 lemon
1. Make the tapenade: Add the roasted red pepper, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, capers, chopped parsley, basil leaves, scallion and lemon juice to the food processor. Pulse until items are roughly chopped. Drizzle in olive oil from sun dried tomatoes. Pulse again until items are finely chopped. Set aside.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan on high heat. In a large mixing bowl, add ground lamb, feta, parsley, mint, minced garlic and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until well combined. Form four burger patties with the meat mixture. Grill on high heat for 5-6 minutes on each side, until desired level of cooking is achieved. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Place the buns on the grill face down for 1 minute to toast.
4. Assemble the burgers: place a few spinach leaves the bottom layer of the buns, top with a slice of tomato, a burger patty and then about 1/4 cup tapenade. Add top layer bun and Serve immediately.
Arizona Cardinals Sonoran Sunrise Burger
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 40 minutes / Servings: 4
1 lb. Open Nature grass-fed ground beef
1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed
1/4 tsp. each, salt and pepper
2 cups frozen potatoes O'Brien
4 tbsp. olive oil or butter
2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
8 strips of thick, center cut bacon, chopped
1 large jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
4 large eggs
4 cheddar jalapeño Kaiser rolls
non-stick cooking spray
1. Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add the bacon and cook on high heat for 7-10 minutes until browned and crispy. Drain with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate that's lined with a paper towel. Set aside until ready to use.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, rosemary and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Mix with your hands just until combined. Form 4 patties and set aside until ready to cook.
3. Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add half of the olive oil or butter (2 tbsp.) and the frozen potatoes. Cook on high heat for 7-10 minutes until browned and heated through. Set aside until ready to serve.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine the shredded cheese and heavy cream. Heat on medium heat and stir continuously until melted and smooth. Reduce heat to warm and stir occasionally until ready to serve.
5. Heat an additional skillet to medium heat. Add the remaining oil or butter and add the eggs, one at a time. Cook on medium heat until whites are cooked through and yolks are sunny side up. Remove from oil and set aside until ready to build burgers.
6. Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add the burgers and cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until desired level of cooking is achieved. Slice the buns in half and place the open ends on the grill for 1 minute to toast.
7. To build the burgers: Place the bottom halves of the buns on a serving dish. Add the burgers, then top evenly with the potatoes. Sprinkle each with bacon, then spoon the cheddar sauce over the potatoes and bacon. Add a few slices of fresh jalapeño and place an egg on top. Place the top half of the bun on top and serve immediately.
Blue Fall Fashion
Autumn may bring bright oranges, yellow and gold to mind. But when it comes to fashion blue is the color of the season. Top designers showed if off on their runways, now we are seeing it in stores, and we find out how to put it all together.
- We are seeing colors like navy, marina (a shade darker than baby blue) and royal blue for fall
- Blues in heavier fabrics, like velvet and knitwear, take you from a spring look into the cooler weather
- You don't have to wear blue from head-to-toe; don't be afraid to contrast and compliment your colors
- Favorite combinations are navy and black; don't be afraid to break some fashion rules
For more information, visit: www.Scottsdalequarter.com
15059 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
3TV's Jaime Cerreta inducted into 2017 Hall of Excellence
From Major League baseball players to Actress Linda Carter, a.k.a. "Wonder Woman," now our Jaime Cerreta joins those ranks as she's inducted into the Scottsdale Unified School District's 2017 Hall of Excellence.
For more information, visit: http://susdfoundation.org/foundation-events/quest-for-the-best-gala/hall-of-excellence/
DBacks Tickets and Events information
D-backs Postseason currently the D-backs are sitting in a Wild Card spot and we need to let fans know how to register since the ONLY way fans can purchase tickets for any postseason game will be by pre-registering at www.dbacks.com.
- Hispanic Heritage Day Sept. 9 will have a really cool Sugar Skull bobblehead giveaway that day
- Coyotes Night Sept. 8 will have Coyotes players, Howler, etc. involved in first pitch and several in-game activities, fans can buy a special ticket package that includes a Coyotes baseball,l chef is also making a special poutine dish for concessions for that night only.
- Suns Night Sept. 12 will have Suns players, Gorilla, Suns Dancers, etc. involved in first pitch and several in-game activities, fans can buy a special ticket package that includes a Suns/D-backs co-branded hat
- Bark at the Park Sept. 10 fans can bring their dogs to the game and we will have a fun Pet Wave Machine in which dogs will be able to catch some waves on a surfboard for an amazing photo opp.
- Grandparents Day Sept. 10 - grandparents and grandkids are encouraged to purchase this special ticket package and create long-lasting memories during this exciting time of D-backs baseball
For more information, visit: www.dbacks.com or call 602-514-8400
Food Truck Friday: Hot dog cart turns food truck
Mama J's started out as a hot dog cart and has graduated into a full kitchen. For this Food Truck Friday, we meet Joyce Diffin and her new food truck called Mama J's.
For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/mamajsfoodtruck/ or call: (480) 220-5669