Omega Salmon Burgers and Veggie BurgersPosted:
Omega Salmon Burger
2 lb salmon, small diced
¾ cup Ritz cracker, crumbs
1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp old bay seasoning
½ tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
as need cooking oil
as needed Cajun spice
1 flax seed bun
2 tbsp mustard-honey yogurt
¼ avocado, sliced
½ cup arugula, lemon juice & olive oil
2 slices red onion
1. Run Ritz crackers through food processor until finely ground
2. Small dice salmon and fold with eggs, ritz cracker crumbs, lemon juice, old bay and hot sauce
3. Form into 7-8 oz round patties.
4. Heat large skillet and add generous amount of oil.
5. Season both sides of salmon patty with Cajun spice and sear patty until medium rare.
• Toast flax seed bun
• Brush 1 tbsp of mustard-honey yogurt top and bottom bun.
• Place salmon patty on bottom bun and build in the following order: avocado, dressed arugula, red onion, top bun.
• Place two wood picks on each side of sandwich and cut in half.
• Served cut side open to guests.
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
1 green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
½ onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp cumin
½ tbsp Cholula
1 sleeve of ritz crackers
1 jalapenos, finely diced, no seeds
1 tsp salt
Sweet Asian Glaze
4 oz teriyaki
4 oz honey
2 oz sweet chili sauce
Combine all ingredients and mix very well.
2 tbsp Pesto Aioli
1. In a medium bowl, mash 3/4 of the black beans with a fork until thick and pasty
*Reserve other 1/4 beans as whole beans
2. In a food processor, puree bell pepper, onion, and garlic then drain juices through strainer
3. Mix strained vegetable puree, mashed beans and diced jalapenos
4. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, chili powder, cumin, and cholula
5. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans then mix in cracker crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together
6. Add remaining 1/4 of whole beans, salt and brown rice
7. Mix well but do not mash the remaining beans or rice
8. Mold into 7oz patties
9. Hold cool until ready for service
• Heat sauté pan on medium-high
• Add Sweet Asian Glaze to sauté pan and then immediately add veggie burger patty, cook for 2 minutes
• Add Sweet Asian Glaze to other side of patty and flip, cook for an additional 2 minutes then melt Swiss cheese on veggie patty
• Serve on your favorite bun with your favorite veggies