Friday, July 28Posted: Updated:
Under Par Indoor Golf
Under Par Indoor Golf in Tempe offers a full and diverse line simulators using the newest technology to analyze your swing to help you refine your skills and lower your score. UPG offer everything from leisurely practice swings and simulated golf courses and swing analysis designed to improve your golfing fundamentals. They have 13 indoor golf stalls, courses, instruction and golf repair.
1245 W Elliot Road, Suite 111 (Costco Plaza), Tempe, AZ 85284
Open 7 days a week.
Mon - Sun: 9am-12am
Latest wedding craze: Teepee rentals and Teepee designs turns camping into glamping
It's the bo-ho wedding trend that's getting super popular, thanks in part to Coachella. And, the latest craze is dressing up your special day with different styled teepee's, from lace donned teepees to "naked" teepees. One of the newest companies to come on the wedding scene is Southwest Teepee Rental, and it's run by a local Valley woman who shows us how these exquisite structures can make your big day even more special.
Southwest Teepee Rental is a local woman-owned-business founded by Susie Tyler Alofs. Although the company is new, the inspiration goes back nearly fifteen years to a teepee themed party that Susie hosted for her corporate clients. When Susie attempted to rent teepees for the event, she found that not only was it impossible to find them in Phoenix, but that the closest available teepees were astronomically priced and located in California so like any good entrepreneur, she made her own. For years she got phone calls about her teepees, and after more than a decade of turning people away, Susie finally decided to start Southwest Teepee Rental. For some more teepee inspiration, check out Susie's article in Arizona Foothills Magazine.
You've probably heard of "glamping," it's the more glamorous way of camping, which brings all the comforts of home to the great outdoors. It's also becoming a fad theme at parties!
Their teepees are also ideal for a customizable luxury glamping experience or a gorgeous boho wedding. Grommets run along the entire circumference of the teepee five feet from its base, allowing the canvas to be rolled up for increased ventilation during the sultry summer months and an enchanting view of any surrounding teepees.
For more information, visit: https://www.southwestteepeerental.com/
We're back to school with Chandler High
Can the Wolves repeat as state champions? With over some-3,000 kids enrolled (in 2014), you can bet Chandler High is one of the biggest and most spirited high schools in Arizona. It's also one of the oldest Valley schools, founded in 1914. We spend the morning with the home of the Wolves as these students gear up for another great athletic and academic year.
For more information, visit: www.mychandlerschools.org/chs
Attention Cards Fans: Red & White Practice is set for Saturday
Get ready for a sea of red and white! On Saturday, July 29 the Cardinals will host the "Red & White Practice" presented by University of Phoenix from 2-4:30 p.m. Admission and parking are both free.
For more information, visit: www.azcardinals.com/cardscamp.
1 Cardinals Dr, Glendale, AZ 85305
Maryland Ave & 95th Ave
It's never too early for football food
Welcome to the grid-iron of food! With the beginning of Cards Camp, our mouths are already watering for some football food. Our favorite Phoenix Family Foodie, and huge Cardinals fan, Heather Walker is here with a Seared Cowboy Beef Stew versus an Angry Bird Meatball Sub. We'll put them both to the taste-test and declare a winner.
There's probably nothing more brutal to your skin than the Arizona sun. But there's a way to age more gracefully, from the inside out. Here with his tried and proven advice is best-selling celebrity health author and board-certified nutritionist, Jonny Bowden.
Summer essentials: Healthy aging from the inside out:
Certain foods and supplements have powerhouse ingredients that support health aging from the inside out and help fight age-related damage.
Eat a plant-based, nutrient-dense diet:
- Fats and lean proteins like salmon, and reduce exposure to pesticides by selecting organic produce. Strawberries are in season and loaded with vitamin C. Vitamin C fights free radicals, which damage cells and break down collagen, leading to fine lines. Dark Chocolate, Cocoa hydrates your skin, making it firmer and more supple.
- And dark chocolate contains high levels of flavanols, a potent type of antioxidant, boost a clean diet with healthy aging supplements Visuals: Variety of omega 3s, collagen and vitamin supplements omega-3, collagen and various vitamin supplements work to protect you from age related damage from the inside out
Examples of nutritional benefits of each
- Quit eating so much sugar:
- The more sugar entering our bloodstream, the more AGEs are produced. These damage your skin and promote a loss of elasticity which can cause skin sagging.
- Hydrate from the inside out:
- Start out by ensuring you are getting enough water in your diet. Try green tea. Green tea is filled with inflammation-fighting antioxidants.
Don't forget sun screen:
- A lot of sunscreen is heavy and oily. These can contribute to breakouts and shine during the summer months. Look for lighter formulations. Apply sunscreen one hour before sun exposure, and reapply after you've worked out and showered. I ensure my sunscreen protects from both UVA rays that age you and are most closely associated with skin cancer and UVB rays that tan and burn skin.
For more information, visit: www.jonnybowden.com
Food Truck Friday: Burger Passion
It's the newest food truck to hit the scene, and we're passionate about it. Why? Because who isn't passionate about burgers? Matt Carlson, owner of Burger Passion joins us with a great place on wheels to get a great burger.
Matt Carlson, having been a chef for 20 years and working in some of the best hotels and restaurants in the world, decided it was time to create a great place to get a great burger. An ever-changing menu will continue to evolve depending on what is fresh and local. His grandmother's ability to make wonderful dinners from simple and fresh ingredients inspired me to be passionate about cooking.
To create an amazing customized menu for your next celebration or corporate party, contact Burger Passion
For more information, visit: www.burgerpassionaz.com