Moroccan Vegetable Salad with Farro, Arugula & TomatoesPosted:
Moroccan Vegetable Salad with Farro, Arugula
Yield: 4 servings
3/4 cup Farro
2 cups Water
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1 lb. Japanese Eggplant (add a yellow zucchini if desired)
2 each Red peppers, roasted, peeled and cut in strips
1 recipe Charmoula (recipe follows)
1/4 lb. Arugula
1 lb. Tomatoes, sliced
¼ cup Almonds, toasted
1/3 cup Feta
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium high heat; add the farro, water and salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 40 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 or 10 minutes. Check seasoning.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and eggplant, lower heat to medium and sauté until eggplant is tender and browned. Add the red peppers and toss with a little of the charmoula, set aside
3. In a large mixing bowl toss the arugula with some of the charmoula.
4. Assemble the dish: Spoon the farro in the center of a large platter surrounded by the sliced tomatoes & arugula. Arrange the warm eggplant on top of the farro and spoon some of the charmoula around the dish. Sprinkle with the almonds and feta.
1/4 cup Olive oil
3 Tbsp Lemon juice
3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
3 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
1-1/2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Cumin, toasted and freshly ground
To taste Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together.