Monday, July 3Posted: Updated:
Keep cool with this mini indoor workout and find your fitness motivation through group exercise
Lacking motivation because it's too hot? Fitness trainer Jacquese Silvas shows us how to stay cool and fit with these indoor workouts and how working out with others can push you to stay on track this summer!
For more information, visit: www.jacquesesilvas.com
JACS Figure on Fit
2055 S. Power Rd., Mesa, AZ 85209
(Located inside Power Square Mall, Entry 4)
Christina Jordan, Master Nutritionist
Fit Body Weight Loss
Celebrate Christmas in July at Goodwill
All 70 Goodwill locations in Arizona will be featuring Christmas and holiday decor on sale during the month of July. Santa will be making a visit to select stores throughout the month and Goodwill will also be serving free snow cones!
- All 70+ stores will be celebrating Christmas in July
- Stop in to your local Goodwill store and chill out with cool discounts on our Christmas merchandise holiday décor will be on sale during regular sale days
- You can get a head start on the holiday season with finds that include Christmas trees, festive décor, stockings, dishware and more.
- Santa will be making a visit to select stores throughout the month and Goodwill will also be serving free snow cones!
- Don't forget we have stores throughout Northern Arizona now too if you are heading to Prescott, Sedona or Flagstaff to escape the heat, all of our stores will have Christmas in July merchandise.
Fireworks: what's legal and what's not?
The Fourth of July is a week away, and you've probably seen those temporary fireworks stands popping up in your neighborhood. While fireworks are one of the most popular pastimes of Independence Day, there are some important rules you need to know before setting off those colorful sparks on your property.
For more information, visit Radix Law website: www.Radixlaw.com
Queen of Clean: Clean grill hacks
Fourth of July hacks for the grill from the Queen of Clean.
Burn Off Excess Food and Grease
- After you use your grill, turn the heat on high and leave for about 10 minutes, or until the grill is no longer smoking from burning the food residue. Then turn off your grill.
- Did you forget to clean your grill last time and now have a dirty grill rack?
- First, heat up the grill. Spraying a little white vinegar on the grates will help loosen the residue. Then scrub firmly with a half of an onion or a simple crumbled ball of aluminum foil works wonders. Its texture and malleability is exactly right for grill-scrubbing and can be tossed you're done. Use tongs to protect your hands from the heat.
Cleaning the Outside of the Grill
- If it is stainless steel, use a quality stainless steel cleaner and polish. I like CLR Stainless Steel Cleaner.
- For other grill finishes, use some hot soapy water and rinse well. You can put car wax on them to protect. Don't put car wax on stainless steel.
- Removing BBQ Sauce and Ketchup from Fabric
- Working from the back of the stain, flush with cold water. Still working from the wrong side of the fabric, pretreat with a liquid laundry detergent, tapping the stain with the back of a spoon. Let stand for several minutes. Rinse well. Sponge the stain with white vinegar, and then rinse well again. Keep Carbona Stain Devils for Ketchup and Sauce on hand for tough stains. Buy in the laundry aisle of grocery and home stores or order from Amazon.
- This is one of the worst stains to remove. Getting to it before it is old and dry is best. Scrape off excess mustard. Rub Glycerin into the stain with your fingertips and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse with cool water. Launder, using the hottest water and the type of bleach (chlorine bleach preferred) that are safe for the fabric. Find glycerin at drug stores and online. You can also try a product called WHITE BRITE. It is a great discoloration and stain remover. You can use it on whites and colorfast colors too.
Grease or Meat Juice Spill on Concrete
- Cover it as soon as possible with corn starch or salt. Put a paper towel over it and put something heavy on it if possible. Let sit 24 hours to absorb and then sweep off. First try some laundry stain remover on it. If that doesn't work, rinse it off and let it dry, then carefully spray with oven cleaner. Leave on 10 minutes and then scrub with a brush and rinse really well. Wear gloves and rinse down any grass or flowers in the area, to protect from the cleaner before you begin. Rinse again when done. Don't do this in hot weather. It will dry too fast to work.
For more information visit Linda's website and Facebook page.
Fourth of July fashion
Jenn Loyd, The Body Type Stylist, shows us some adorable coordinated outfit ideas for families to wear on the 4th of July. She focuses on getting mom ready first in something that compliments her body type - then builds around that for the whole family.
July 4th is one of my favorite holidays! We usually have a little party where we swim and BBQ. My oldest daughter started asking about her July party in April. I think she's starting to enjoy this holiday too! Today, I'm sharing July 4th fashion for the family. No matter what you are doing can all sparkle this July 4th!
We all know who does the majority of the shopping for the family…us moms, right! So why not start with us and work the family around an outfit we are confident in. Start by finding something that will compliment your body type. Still need to discover your body type? Do that here! I picked this white shift dress because it has room for my hips and I love the embroidered pattern in red and blue. This will also double as my pool cover up since we will be hanging out in the pool. The Phoenix summers are brutal and the pool is our refuge. I found this dress at Old Navy and decided to shop for the whole family while I was there.
I had the pleasure of shopping for a couple of other families and it was so much fun helping these moms pick out July 4th fashion for the family!
The sweet Hodges Family is decked out in Target!!! Mom lives right down the street from one and can stop on her way home from work to grab something perfect for herself, hubby and kids. The boys are sporting flag swim trunks with graphic tees. The girls are coordinated in stars! Mom is rocking a cute white skirt and USA tee over her stars and stripes swim suit!
If you're not going to be near water this July 4th, that's alright! I've got something perfect for you. The MacDonald family is ready for the annual July 4th parade and a family BBQ after! All these pieces are from Old Navy! The theme here is red! Everyone in the family is wearing red shorts and then we coordinated their shirts with the holiday. The stars and flags on the guys shirts are so festive but can still be worn other seasons of the year!
For more information on Jenn Loyd, The Body Type Stylist visit: www.thebodytypestylist.com
Queen of Clean: 4th of July stains
The Queen of Clean helps us get out every summer stain from red popsicles to sweat.
Red, White and Blue Stains:
What to do when it drips:
- Remove any excess with a plastic knife or a spoon.
- Fill a spray bottle with equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water (50-50), spritz it on the stain, and let stand for 30 minutes;
- If the stain is stubborn use Carbona Stain Devils for Fruit and Red Wine.
- Then launder as usual.
- Remove any excess watermelon;
- Spray the spot with cheap aerosol hairspray, the alcohol in the product will lift out the stain. You can also saturate it with rubbing alcohol.
- Then launder as usual
Not only are sweat stains unsightly, they can be really embarrassing! Yellowing can be caused by the aluminum in your antiperspirant, not you.
Just mix equal parts baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with a bit of water to create a paste;
- Use a toothbrush to rub it in;
- Let that sit for 30 minutes;
- Then use the toothbrush to remove the paste;
- Launder as usual
A product that works well on stains and odor is ESPRO Sports Cleaner. It will remove the stains and works on odor too. Check out Amazon or ESPROclean.com for purchase information.
To avoid stains altogether, try aluminum-free antiperspirants available from brands like CRYSTAL Deodorant that is all natural.
Sun Tan Lotion
When you are spending time outside, suntan lotion is an absolute necessity, but the grease stains that come with it are not!
Remove as much lotion as possible
Sprinkle baby powder to absorb the excess oil/moisture. Leave on for an hour or so.
Soak the stain in white vinegar;
Wash the garment in the hottest temperature the care label will allow with the appropriate bleach for the fabric and color.
- These little treats can leave a huge mark, but getting it out is not a big deal. This treatment will also work for red wine, strawberry, blackberry, and grape juice stains.
- Remove the excess
- Rinse the spot in cold water
- Spread some white, non-gel toothpaste over the stain
- Scrub between your fingers
- Launder as usual
For more information visit Linda's website and Facebook page.
All the essential products for the 4th of July
Robyn Moore shows last minute local products for your 4th of July BBQ or pool party.
Mr. Pool Party Sunscreen http://mrpoolparty.com/
State Forty-Eight - http://www.statefortyeight.com/
Loot N' Booty - http://lootnbootybbq.com/
Teriacha - http://teriacha.com/
Fluff It Marshmallows http://www.fluffitmarshmallows.com/
Coco 21 Cocktails http://drinkcoco21.com/
Celebrating Independence Day with hot dogs!
What's more American than a hot dog at a 4th of July BBQ? Well these dogs are actually Danish! DK Dogs in Phoenix shows us their most popular dogs.
For more information, visit: www.ILoveDKDogs.com
4700 N 12th St Ste 122