Tuesday, June 27Posted: Updated:
Get your summer spoons ready for a cold international treat
Vanilla from Madagascar along with new summer flavors hit Yogurtland this week. We check out the new scratch-made flavors at Yogurtland that go well with warm summer nights. From watermelon sorbet to peaches and cream gelato to mud pie, we dig into the ultimate cold, sweet treat.
The five mouth-watering flavors are:
- Home Grown Watermelon Sorbet Starting June 5, this delicious sorbet will have Yogurtland lovers quenching summer heat with the season's favorite fruit. Combining everything there is to love about watermelon, sweet, fresh, and fruity, this flavor offers a refreshing experience on a hot summer day.
- Sun Kissed Strawberry Shortcake - Inspired by summer's favorite dessert, this flavor blends the deliciousness of real California strawberries with real sweet shortbread cookie and is available starting June 5. In each spoonful, the fruity, juicy strawberry taste is followed by notes of cake and whipped cream for a complete dessert sensation.
- Sweet n' Smooth Peaches and Cream Gelato- Available starting June 19, this combination of fruity tartness and creamy gelato makes for the perfect summer treat. Inspired by some of the delicious treats individuals crave on a summer day, this flavor fills each spoonful with real Freestone peach taste.
- Larger Than Life Mud Pie Starting July 3, chocolate fanatics rejoice, this 'larger than life' flavor layers rich chocolate, tasty coffee, and delectable chocolate cookies. The perfect balance of each layer comes through to create a decadent mud pie taste for all to enjoy.
- Picnic Favorite Apricot Mango Tart- No picnic is complete without juicy summer fruits. The subtle balance between sweet and tart, this flavor combines two fruit favorites, sweet apricots and juicy mangos. This delicious flavor is available starting July 17.
10220 W McDowell Rd Suite 140
Avondale, AZ 85392
McDowell & 103rd Ave.
Turning impossible to possible: Exercise motivation with "Possible Pat"
Pasquale Brocco aka "Possible Pat" was over 600 pounds. Now through his amazing transformation Pasquale has lost over 300 pounds. Now he is motivating and inspiring others to lose weight.
For more information about EoS and locations, visit: www.eosfitness.com
Meet Florence, Ariz. 13-year-old featured on America's Got Talent
If you're into America's Got Talent, you might have seen little Evie Clair mesmerize her audience last week with a tribute performance for her dad. She stole our hearts and brought us all to tears! Her dad Amos, who' been battling stage 4 colon cancer.
The best travel apps out there right now
Summer travel means busy airports, roads and lots of stress - and summer vacation is supposed to be fun and relaxing! Use these apps to help you make your upcoming trip stress free.
Best Travel Apps:
Skiplagged - booking
TripIt - all itineraries in one spot
Grab - connects airport restaurants, retailers and service providers in the airport to the most travelers.
Waze - best route
Zipcar - transportation in a different city
iTranslate - 90 languages translated
XE Currency - $$ money exchange rates
Whats App - free video calling, even in a different country
For more information, visit The Travel Diet website: www.thetraveldiet.com
How to smoke meat without a smoker
You don't need expensive equipment to enjoy good BBQ for the 4th of July. We're with Sassy's Cafe & Bakery learning the art of getting that smoked flavor in our meat, without a smoker. But, if you're not up to the challenge of cooking for the holiday, Sassy's has got you covered with the whole spread on the go.
They are doing a packaged 4th of July picnic--$15 per person--minimum of 10 people--includes pulled pork, BBQ cowboy beans, loaded potato casserole, rolls, and a dessert--choice of berry cobbler or patriotic cake.
Must pre-order. It will be available the morning of the 4th of July.
For more information, visit: http://www.sassyscafeandbakery.com/
Sassy's Cafe & Bakery
4210 E Main Street Mesa, AZ 85205
What Not to Eat in the Heat
In the extreme heat, we need to be extra conscious that what we are eating, will not end up leaving us dehydrated. Life Time Fitness Dietician, Julie Brown is here to tell us what not to eat in the heat.
Hold the habanero spicy foods contain capsaicin and can cause a climate change for your body temperature
Ditch the Diuretic Foods - such as asparagus which contains aspartic acid. Fennel and artichokes are also diuretics
Limit Meat in the Heat Cured meats such as salami and pepperoni are loaded with sodium leaving you parched
Scorching Sugars is prevalent in many fancy coffee drinks as well as their accompanying baked goods
Can the Condiments especially soy sauce which is loaded in sodium
Don't get Fried foods that is which can cause inflammation, making you even more uncomfortable in the heat
Skip the Summer Cocktail - Your body has to work much harder to metabolize alcohol
For more information on Lifetime Fitness and locations, visit: https://www.lifetimefitness.com/en.html
Cool Escapes-Newport Beach
The Newport Surf camp is at the 28th Street Lifeguard tower. Rates start at $220 for half days for 3 days and go up from there including private lessons.
For more information, visit: www.newportsurfcamp.com
To rent an electric duffy boat, they run from $80 to $100 an hour.
For more information, visit: https://www.duffyboats.com/
The Wild Goose Cruise, visit: www.hornblower.com