Two families are without a place to live after an early morning fire at a Phoenix apartment complex.
It happened early Wednesday morning at Villa Serena, which is situated in the area of 42nd and Dunlap avenues.
Fire crews from both Phoenix and Glendale were called out.
According to the Phoenix Fire Department, the fire started in a third-floor unit causing the building sprinklers to activate.
The two apartments below where the fire was sustained major water damage.
It’s not yet clear what sparked the fire and the renter of the unit where it started has not been located.
Phoenix Fire Crisis Response is assisting the two families affected by the fire.
No injuries were reported.
House fire on 42nd Ave. and Dunlap displaces two families. No one was hurt. pic.twitter.com/njmmMot6kz— Jaime Cerreta (@cerretanews) March 15, 2017
House fire on 42nd Ave. and Dunlap displaces two families. No one was hurt. pic.twitter.com/njmmMot6kz
Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.