The Wildlife World Zoo: Baby Wallaby
Fun Wallaby Facts:
- Babies are called joeys
- can leap 13 ft.
- can go several months without water
- the size of a jelly bean at birth
- a marsupial meaning females have pouches
- a group is called a mob
- communicates by thumping feet
- Mothers can experience delayed implantation and have a baby in all three stages of life (pregnant, pouch and out of pouch still nursing).
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website www.wildlifeworld.com.
Jaime's Local Love: Spun Paradise
Spun Paradise Cotton Candy Company is a family owned business created from two of their favorite things-- Hawaii and cotton candy! They started serving up their organic cotton candy and quickly realized how much their clients loved cotton candy spun with flavors from the Islands. With the demand growing, they moved their business from Hawaii to Arizona in 2015 and the local response in the Valley has been overwhelmingly positive! They continue to take pride in offering the tastiest, fluffiest, freshest cotton candy made with only natural and organic ingredients.
444 W. Main Street Ste 108
Mesa, AZ 85201
Tara at the Movies: The Shack
Former Arizona Cardinal great Kurt Warner says it's his favorite book EVER. In fact, he just got back from the New York City premiere. He's not he only one who loved "The Shack." Tara Hitchcock talks to the film's stars.
For more information on the movie, visit: http://www.theshack.movie/
For book information, visit: http://theshackbook.com/
For more information on Tara reviews and interviews visit these websites:
McDowell Mountain Music Festival donates all proceeds to charity
The grassroots nonprofit music festival is March 3 to the 5th at Hance Park. The festival donates 100% of the proceeds to two local, family-based, nonprofits: Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation and UMOM New Day Center.
- Eclectic blend of music for all ages, pick your poison depending on the day
- Continuing the legacy of music, arts and charity by offering free admission to children under 10
- One 3-Day General Admission Pass includes admission to Hance Park on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
For more information, visit: http://mmmf.com/ and Facebook:
To Learn more about our charities, visit http://mmmf.com/charities/.
Margaret T. Hance Park
67 W Culver St, Phoenix, AZ 85003
Recovery is possible for those struggling with eating disorders
Dr. Julie T. Anne of A New Beginning Eating Disorder Clinic joins us during National Eating Disorder Awareness Week to share the hopeful message that eating disorder sufferers can make a full recovery.
It's National Eating Disorder Awareness Week, February 26 - March 5th. This year, in addition to raising awareness of the nature and prevalence of eating disorders, Dr. Julie is here to dispel the long-standing myth that "once you have an eating disorder, you can never completely recover" by providing new, hopeful statistics on rates of recovery and sharing poignant personal stories of FULL recovery, as illustrated by "Wall of Recovery" art projects created by clients who have achieved FULL recovery at A New Beginning.
- 30 million (US) 70 million (worldwide) suffer from eating disorders
- 10% are men (anorexia & bulimia)
- Average age of onset getting younger, 9-12 yrs. old
- With treatment, 60% will FULLY recover
- Only 1 in 10 sufferers seek treatment
A New Beginning
9825 N. 95th St., suite 101
Ironwood Square Village
Scottsdale, Arizona 85258
Gilbert mom getting national attention for her family workouts
An East Valley mom is being recognized on People.com for her inspirational workouts with her kids and helping other moms just like her.
To read about her on People.com, visit: http://people.com/bodies/mom-of-3-works-out-with-kids/3/