Stove fire at Tempe apartment triggers evacuations

Posted: Updated:
(Source: MGN Online) (Source: MGN Online)
TEMPE, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -

A stove fire in a Tempe apartment forced as many as 10 residents from their units Monday morning, firefighters said.

A man left food cooking on the stove while he went into another room, according to fire crews.

He returned and encountered smoke and flames.

The man was able to scramble to safety.

Once the fire was contained, residents at the Arbor Apartments at 1548 W. University Dr. were allowed back in but there was too much smoke and water damage for the man to return to his apartment.

[Google map: 1548 W. University Dr.]

Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Social Connect

  • Contact

    AZ Family