Firefighter suffers allergic reaction from bee sting

Posted: Updated:
A firefighter was stung through his bee suit. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5) A firefighter was stung through his bee suit. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)
The firefighter suffered an allergic reaction and was taken to the hospital. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5) The firefighter suffered an allergic reaction and was taken to the hospital. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)
The owner of the auto shop was also stung. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5) The owner of the auto shop was also stung. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -

A firefighter was taken to the hospital after he had an allergic reaction when he was stung by a bee in Phoenix on Monday evening.

It all started when there were reports of a bee swarm near Bell and Cave Creek roads at Speedway Collision Body and Paint Auto Shop.

Firefighters had to use foam on the bees.

One of the firefighters got stung through his bee suit. He's allergic and was driven to the hospital in stable condition.

The auto shop owner was also stung.

"All of a sudden I heard a huge buzzing sound and they were all over me. And I ran. I ran as fast as I could," said John Henslee, the owner of Speedway Collision. "I ended up killing all the ones that chased me. That was the only way I could get them to stop."

He said despite the stings, he's OK.

Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.


  • Social Connect

  • Contact

    AZ Family