Several people were evacuated after a gas explosion and fire at a mobile home in Phoenix on Friday.
Fire crews responded to a mobile home near 20th Street and Sweetwater Avenue shortly before 11 a.m. and found a fully involved fire with an active gas leak.
Capt. Rob McDade with the Phoenix Fire Department said there was an explosion where the gas line connected to the mobile home. The explosion blew out all the windows in the surrounding mobile homes.
Six to eight mobile home residents were evacuated until the leak could be secured.
Hazardous materials units worked with Southwest Gas to contain and shut off the gas leak.
A man was home at the time of the explosion but was able to escape.
There were no reported injuries.
Phoenix Fire Crews on scene of a gas explosion and subsequent mobile home fire. Luckily there were no injuries. pic.twitter.com/1H6wI7kADP— Phoenix Fire Dept. (@PHXFire) February 10, 2017
Phoenix Fire Crews on scene of a gas explosion and subsequent mobile home fire. Luckily there were no injuries. pic.twitter.com/1H6wI7kADP
Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.