ADOT Weekend Freeway Traffic Advisory (Jan. 27-30)Posted: Updated:
Improvement projects will require closures or lane restrictions along Phoenix-area freeways this weekend (Jan. 27-30), according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Drivers should consider alternate routes, use caution and allow extra travel time while the following restrictions are in place:
- Eastbound Interstate 10 closed between I-17 "Stack" interchange and State Route 51 from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Jan. 28) for tunnel cleaning and maintenance. Both I-17 ramps to eastbound I-10 at Stack closed. DETOUR: Eastbound I-10 traffic will detour to southbound I-17 and can reconnect with I-10 near Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
- Westbound Interstate 10 closed between I-17 "Split" interchange near Sky Harbor Airport and Seventh Avenue from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Jan. 29) for tunnel cleaning and maintenance. Southbound State Route 51 ramp to westbound I-10 closed. Southbound I-17 ramp to westbound I-10 at Split interchange, including airport exit, closed. Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) ramp to westbound I-10 open but traffic must exit I-10 at Seventh Street and use local detour. DETOUR: Westbound I-10 traffic near Sky Harbor Airport will detour to northbound I-17 and can reconnect with I-10 at Stack interchange north of Van Buren Street.
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Alma School Road and Country Club Drive from 10 p.m. Friday to noon Saturday (Jan. 28) for traffic-flow detector installation. Both Loop 101 ramps to eastbound US 60 closed. Eastbound US 60 on-ramp at Dobson Road closed. DETOUR: Consider using eastbound Baseline Road or Southern Avenue to Country Club Drive.
- Eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed between Loop 101 and Dobson Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to noon Sunday (Jan. 29) for traffic-flow sensor installation. Both Loop 101 ramps to eastbound US 60 closed. Eastbound US 60 on-ramp at McClintock Drive closed. DETOUR: Consider using eastbound Baseline Road or Southern Avenue to Dobson Road.
- Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) narrowed to two lanes between Dobson and Alma School roads from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Saturday (Jan. 28) for resurfacing. Westbound Loop 202 narrowed to two lanes between Alma School and Dobson roads from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 29) for resurfacing. On- and off-ramps in the area closed. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time and be prepared to use other nearby ramps.
- Southbound State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) closed overnight between Colter Street and Highland Avenue from 9 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday (Jan. 30) for traffic-flow detector installation. Southbound SR 51 on-ramp at Bethany Home Road also closed. DETOUR: Please consider alternate routes, including southbound 16th or 24th streets to Highland Avenue or Indian School Road, to access southbound SR 51.
- Cotton Lane closed in both directions between Van Buren and Garfield streets in Goodyear from 10 p.m. Friday to 10 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 29) for construction at the future Loop 303 bridge over Van Buren Street. DETOUR: Detours will be signed. Consider alternate north-south routes, including Citrus Road and Sarival Avenue.
Additional freeway-restriction information will be posted at azdot.gov, under ADOT News. Visit the site to also subscribe to ADOT email updates, including weekend restriction information.
For a complete list of highway and freeway restrictions in the Phoenix area and around the state, visit ADOT's Travel Information site at az511.gov or call 511. Another great way to find out more about ADOT's projects and programs to improve Arizona's transportation system is the ADOT Blog at azdot.gov/blog.
I-10 East to close in Benson Sunday morning for oversize load
Closure between SR 90 and SR 80 expected to last up to an hour
PHOENIX -- Eastbound Interstate 10 in Benson will be closed for up to an hour Sunday morning to allow an oversize load to travel about one mile between state routes 90 and 80, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
The closure will allow the load to travel west in the eastbound lanes. The closure could begin as early as 6 a.m. Sunday and end as late as 8 a.m. Sunday.
The oversize load is expected to be on I-10 for between 45 minutes and an hour, entering at exit 303 and leaving the freeway at exit 302.
A possible alternate route for drivers on eastbound I-10 is south on SR 90 about 18 miles to SR 82, then east to SR 80 and north to I-10. It’s not clear that taking the alternate route would save drivers time.
Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.