The Wildlife World Zoo: African Pygmy Hedgehog
African Pygmy Hedgehog Facts:
- Found in Africa
- There are 15 species found in Europe, Asia, and Africa.
- Easts mainly insects
- It has a high tolerance for toxins and has been recorded consuming scorpions and even venomous snakes.
- They rely on their senses of hearing and smell because their eyesight is weak.
- Nose is used for smelling and digging
- Lives in underground burrows
- Spike are modified hairs attached to their body
- When they feel threatened they will curl into a ball
- They have soft hair on their belly so they don't poke themselves when curled up.
- When they are born, they are born with soft spikes
- As hedgehogs get older, they develop more spikes.
- A mature hedgehog can have over 5,000 spikes
- Full grown hedgehogs are 6-8 inches
- Lives 2-3 years in the wild and up to 10 years in human care.
- Babies are called hoglets
- As they move through the hedges looking for worms and insects, they make a piggy grunting noise. Hence, hedge-hog.
- Predators are eagle-owls, jackals, hyenas, and honey badgers.
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website www.wildlifeworld.com.
Jaime's Local Love: Worth Takeaway
They say it's the place for the best banana pudding in town. We check out Worth Takeaway, a locally owned shop in Mesa where the food and desserts are uniquely their own. They pride themselves with their small menu and rotating dishes.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/worthtakeaway
218 W. Main St.
Mesa, AZ 85201
Sun Devil Pop-up Bootcamp
ASU Men's Basketball is partnering with a group of local fitness trainers to host a pop-up fitness bootcamp at ASU, in advance of the Sun Devils vs. Washington Huskies Men's Basketball game on Wed., Jan. 25th. Celebrity fitness trainer, owner of FIT Method and reality television star, will be making an appearance. Tickets are $20, which also gets you access into the ASU Men's basketball game.
- 5:30pm registration begins
- 6:00pm Sun Devil Bootcamp
Scottsdale & 4 other Valley cities top for jobs
Scottsdale earned the top spot in WalletHub's best city for jobs ranking while Chandler, Tempe, Peoria and Gilbert also ranked within the top 20.
To see the list of rankings of the valley cities visit: http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/jobs/2017/01/23/scottsdale-named-2017-top-jobs-wallethub-chandler-tempe-peoria-gilbert/96797158/
Bone broth for good health
Bone broth is an ancestral food making a comeback in the mainstream markets. JPP Apothecary makes bone broth in central Phoenix and owner Shelly Vie tells us about its many health benefits. Her bone broth comes in several flavors including chicken, veal, beef, and bison and is particularly helpful for people looking to heal their gut or improve their overall health.
Orders can be placed at www.jppapothecary.com
Mixxed Fit mixes explosive dance moves with boot camp toning
They dance to their favorite songs on the radio as they would dance at a nightclub. Then, they spice things up by adding boot camp-inspired exercises to make the workout more effective and challenging.
For more information, visit: www.MixxedFit.com or call: 855-563-9933
The 7 most harmful things in your kids' food
Are your kids eating foods that are harmful for their health? Life Time Fitness dietician, Julie Brown, wants to teach you how to recognize these artificial and unhealthy foods.
Seven harmful things in Kids' food:
- Trans Fats & Hydrogenated Oils
- High-Fructose Corn Syrup
- Hormones & Antibiotics
- Processed & Artificial Sweeteners
- Artificial Colors & Flavors
- Artificial Preservatives
- Bleached Flour Processed
For more information on the seven harmful things on kid's foods visit:
Life Time Fitness https://www.lifetimefitness.com/en.html
Life Time Fitness - Tempe
1616 W Ruby Dr, Tempe, AZ 85284
Life Time Fitness - Gilbert
381 E Warner Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85296
Life Time Fitness - Scottsdale
6850 E Chauncey Ln, Phoenix, AZ 85054
Life Time Fitness Palm Valley
14540 W McDowell Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85395
Life Time Fitness Shea and the 101
8642 E Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
January brings spike in divorce rates
Jason McClain, Founder & CEO of MyDivorcePapers.com says there has been a steady climb in filings after the holidays within the past few years.
- Why is there a spike in divorce filings after the holidays?
The holidays are a time for introspection. Once the New Year begins, people who have come to the conclusion that their marriage isn't working decide to take action.
- Do you anticipate this holiday season being any different as far as filings go?
Yes. There has been a steady climb in filings after the holidays within the past few years.
- Are there any signs a person shows that they're contemplating divorce during the holidays? Or do you find that their spouse is completely blindsided?
The spouse who is contemplating divorce may be less committal when making plans for family gatherings.
- What advice would you give to someone who has been hit by the news that their spouse has asked them for a divorce.
Right after sharing another holiday together? Remember that your life is changing now, and it may not be what you'd hoped for but your life can change for the better. This sadness is temporary and your life will change for the better once you commit to taking care of yourself.
For more information: www.MyDivorcePapers.com
Eat Fit Go Healthy Foods
For more information: www.Eatfitgo.com
4050 S Alma School Rd Chandler AZ
Cross Streets: Alma School and W Ocotillo