Tuesday, January 10Posted: Updated:
Dailey Method opens new location at High Street
The Dailey Method is now calling High Street home, after moving a mile down the road to the popular dining and entertainment district. The boutique fitness studio offers a combination of yoga, core conditioning, orthopedic alignment and barre for every fitness level.
For more information: http://www.thedaileymethod.com/studios/phoenix-highstreet
The Dailey Method at High Street
5410 E. High Street #107 Phoenix, AZ 85054
Phone: (480) 629-5520
Phoenix Suns head to Mexico for Global Games
The Phoenix Suns will make history this week when the team hosts the Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs in the first consecutive regular-season games in Mexico on Thursday, Jan. 12 and Saturday, Jan. 14 at Mexico City Arena. This represents the first time in league history that two regular-season home games will be played in Mexico in the same season.
For more information: http://www.nba.com/suns/mexico-city-sweepstakes/
Outfit yourself in the proper gear for Pat's Run & the Rock n' Roll Marathon
Today is the first day you can register for Pat's Run, and as you might be preparing for the Rock n' Roll Marathon this weekend, we visit with the pro's at Runner's Den to learn about the latest running gear, including the best shoes to withstand the wear and tear of such a long race. This year, Pat's Run, a 4.2mile run, which will be held on Sat. April 22nd celebrates 13 years, while the Rock n Roll marathon celebrates 20 years of running, held Sunday, Jan 15th.
6505 N 16th St, Phoenix, AZ 85016
16th Street & Maryland
Virtual Reality technology could change the way we buy homes
Virtual reality has long been known in the world of entertainment and video games, but now this latest tech trend is connecting local businesses with consumers. For instance, you can do a walk-through in your new home without even stepping foot into, thanks to virtual reality technology. We learn more with CEO of Point in Time Studios, Rami Kalla.
For more information, visit: http://pointintimestudios.com/
Turmeric Lime Cauliflower "Rice"
If you're trying to eat healthy this new year, Valley food blogger Joanie Simon says this dish is a super calorie saver and gluten free side dish.
Turmeric Lime Cauliflower "Rice"
- You can find riced cauliflower at most grocery stores or grate your own with a cheese grater and cauliflower.
- This is a super calorie saver and gluten free side dish.
- Most folks cook it in the microwave or stovetop, but I found roasting it in the oven maximizes texture and flavor.
- Turmeric is a natural healing agent and also gives this dish a bright yellow color.
Ice Cream Roll Cake
Growing up, Valley food blogger Joanie Simon always asked for this cake for her birthday. Since it's her birthday, she wanted to celebrate with her favorite morning team! This looks decadent but is so easy!
Ice Cream Roll Cake
Growing up I always asked for this cake for my birthday and since it's my birthday, I wanted to celebrate with my favorite morning team!
- Angel food is a very forgiving cake and is easy to manipulate in this recipe.
- If you want to make the ice cream filling step easier, buy an ice cream in a square container so you can cut it in half then roll it.
- This can be customized with whatever ice cream and frosting flavors you want.
Food Goes to Funky Town
Phoenix artist Sandra Marshall joins us to talk about her new, humorous book, "One Hot Night at the Veggie Bar." She'll show what inspires her about food and why it makes for biting adult humor.
New Year Resolution? A Fresh Face for 2017, the Natural Way.
Celebrating too much can wreck your skin. Spa810 joins us to show how to hydrate your skin, and go from dull to glowing.
Honey and lemon facial on air that helps brighten your skin and hydrate it quickly. Honey is really good at helping stop acne (great after the holidays seeing as we have not been eating our best), and lemon helps oily skin!
Making a strawberry and chocolate mask. Chocolate helps increase blood flow to the skin and can help improve the skin's hydration and complexion. Strawberries help "lighten" skin which means they can help get rid of acne scars and blemishes!
For more information: www.spa810.com/scottsdale-shea/
10893 N. Scottsdale RD Suite 102
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
New laws that went into effect Jan 1st
The state legislator ruled on everything from traffic cameras to Airbnb rentals. Valley legal expert Monica Lindstrom weighs in with us.
Here some of the laws that went on effect:
- Providing free vehicle registration to spouses or dependents of those in the military killed in action;
- Officially outlawing dog racing in Arizona; the practice actually halted earlier in 2016;
- A requirement that new rental agreements at mobile home parks specifically disclose in writing if the tenant and not the park is responsible for maintaining any trees;
- Allowing candidates for local and federal offices to get all the signatures they need for nomination through an online portal maintained by the secretary of state instead of having to gather signatures on paper;
- Permitting city and town governments to sell off land worth up to $1.5 million without first getting voter approval; the current threshold is $500,000;
- Setting up a separate property tax category for vacant land which has a conservation easement that limits development by the owner.
For more in-depth review of laws that went into effect visit: http://www.dcourier.com/news/2017/jan/03/renting-photo-radar-notices-fines-among-new-laws-f/
For more information, visit: Monica Lindstrom blog at: http://monicalindstrom.com/category/monicas-blog
Valley Youth Theatre
Golden Globe Award recipient Emma Stone, studied and performed in 15 shows before she moved to Hollywood. See upcoming inspiring actors and actress at the Valley Youth Theater.
For more information, visit: http://www.vyt.com/
Address: 525 N 1st St, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Phone: (602) 253-8188