Monday, January 9Posted: Updated:
LocalWork.com Job Fair
LocalWork.com is holding a free job fair on today, January 9, 2017. It will feature a variety of full and part-time jobs. The event will take place at the Hilton, Phoenix Airport 2435 S 47th St. from 10 am to 1 pm.
List of companies expected to attend.
- State Farm
- AZ Dept. of Environmental Quality
- The GEO Group
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Equity Residential
- 24-7 InTouch Contact Centers
RSVP to attend this FREE job fair. https://www.localwork.com/az/phoenix/job-fairs/January-2017
Opening Day at the State Capitol
Today marks this year's first Monday back to work at the State Capitol for Arizona's 52nd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. It began this morning at 7 a.m. with a prayer at the Capitol Flagpole, hosted by Center for Arizona Policy and Bridgebuilders. There's much on the agenda for lawmakers this morning, demonstrations are expected at 8 a.m., and Governor Doug Ducey will give the State of the State address this afternoon.
For more information: http://www.azleg.gov/
Arizona State Capitol
1700 W Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007
Motivation Monday: New Year, new you for $10 at Youfit and Sticking to new habits
January brings an onslaught of New Year's resolutions, many related to weight loss and creating healthier habits. But, 8 percent of people actually keep their resolutions, most folding in February, according to Youfit Health Club. With countless choices and a ton of narrative, where do you start? We get motivated this Monday morning at Youfit Health Club, where working out costs only $10 per month, so no excuses.
Change doesn't happen overnight--studies show it takes 66 days to form a new habit, which happens to be around the same time people start dropping their resolutions. For this Motivation Monday, we go to Youfit Health Club to learn how to successfully start the journey of new habits that will hold strong.
Youfit Phoenix-Bethany Home Road located at 1515 East Bethany Home Road, Phoenix AZ, Phone number: (602) 732-3001. For more information and to take advantage of the $0 Down, $10 per month offer please visit: www.youfit.com
Dressing rooms for Bruno Mars, Beyoncé & Coldplay revealed
Super Bowl 51 is right around the corner! But, have you ever wondered what goes into the dressing rooms of all the big stars who perform during the big game? Lost & Found Resale got a hold of furniture pieces from inside the dressing rooms of Bruno Mars, Beyoncé and Coldplay from Superbowl 50, and have unveiled these star-studded spaces at their new location in Scottsdale.
For more information: http://lostandfoundresale.com/
Lost & Found Resale Interiors
7114 E Sahuaro Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254 USA
Healthy eating & meal plans for every diet
Ready-to-eat meals, delivered to your home, is pretty trendy right now, and if you're trying to stick to a healthy eating plan in the New Year, these services can really help. We visit Midwestern Fitness and their Midwestern Meats department where they create healthy, portion controlled alternatives for you and your family.
For more information: www.midwesternfitness.com
4308 E. Main St Mesa, AZ 85205
Phone: 480 924-5855
Learn how to protect yourself from HPV & cervical cancer
Millions of women have HPV and yet don't know they have it. Cervical Health Awareness month is an opportunity for health experts to spread the word about prevention and what women can do to be healthy.
- The HPV vaccine can prevent HPV.
- High-risk HPV's can cause cancer. Virtually all cases of cervical cancer are mostly caused by HPV.
- Symptoms of cervical cancer include painful sex, vaginal bleeding, and discharge.
- Women concerned with acquiring cervical cancer should have a pelvic exam and a PAP test where sample cells are taken from the surface of the cervix and tested for cancer.
- Cervical cancer can be treated successfully if found early.
- Besides getting the HPV shot, correct and constant condom use can also be associated with reducing the spread of HPV since it's the most common sexually transmitted infection.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations:
- Cervical cancer is the easiest gynecologic cancer to prevent with regular screening tests and follow up.
- The Pap test or Pap smear looks for precancerous cell changes in the cervix, and the HPV test looks for the human papillomavirus that can cause these cell changes.
- The Pap test only screens for cervical cancer. It does not test for other cancers uterine, vaginal or vulvar.
- The CDC recommends that women between the ages of 21 and 65 years old get the Pap test, which can be done in your doctor's office.
- It's important to talk with your doctor to see if the HPV test is right for you.
Banner University Medical Center Phoenix Women's Center: (602) 839-4915 or go to www.BannerHealth.com
Unusual lifestyle products with the Queen of Clean
Where Did You Get That? We're with Linda Cobb, the Queen of Clean this morning, who's showing us unusual lifestyle products that will help keep your home neat and organized. She says these products will also make cleaning and your life a whole lot easier. The best part, they won't cost a lot either.
For more information, visit Linda's website and Facebook page.
Eat at Flower Child in January, and Support No Kid Hungry.
Each time you enjoy heathy, natural meals at Flower Child this month, the restaurant will make a donation to No Kid Hungry. Chef Jeffrey Moore joins us to explain the program and show us how to make "Mother Earth".
Each time you eat at Flower Child for the month of January, the restaurant will donate to No Kid Hungry.
How it Works:
1. Eat at Flower Child
2. Follow the restaurant on Instagram: @eatflowerchild
3. Spread the word. Share a photo using #FlowerChild365. One lucky follower who uses the hashtag will win Flower Child for a year!
4. Flower Child donates to No Kid Hungry to help provide meals to those in need.
For more information, visit: http://www.iamaflowerchild.com/
Flower Child Locations:
5013 N 44th St., Phoenix, AZ, 85018; (602)429-6222
10460 N 90th St., Scottsdale, AZ 85258; (408)240-4400
100 E Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85012; (480)212-0180
Bronx Bull movie depicts life of Legendary Boxer Jake Lamotta
Based on the life of legendary World Middleweight Boxing Champion Jake LaMotta, the new movie, The Bronx Bull was released nationwide last Friday to select theaters, Netflix, iTunes, On Demand and on Digital HD. 95-year-old Lamotta, an Arizona resident, visits us in studio to talk about his extraordinary life, and his new movie.
For more information: www.bronxbullmovie.com
Celebrate Cassoulet Day with French Chef Christopher Gross
James Beard award-winning chef Christopher Gross from Christopher's Crush Lounge shows us how to make this warm and cozy French meal.
Celebrate Cassoulet Day all weekend long for dinner (Friday, January 6th - Monday, January 9th) with chef Christopher's creative take on the French classic.
- Christopher's Cassoulet will be made extra decadent with the inclusion of Hudson Valley duck confit, as well as chef Christopher's infamous house-made, portobello-crusted merguez sausage.
- Cassoulet is a rich, slow-cooked casserole originating in the south of France, containing meat (typically pork sausages, goose, duck and sometimes mutton), pork skin (couennes) and white beans (haricots blancs).
- The dish is named after its traditional cooking vessel, the cassole, a deep, round, earthenware pot with slanting sides.
- The dish is super rustic and can be made very simple for cozy dinner at home, especially with all the winter weather.
- $24 per person + tax/gratuity.
Call 602-522-2344 to reserve your spot or visit http://christophersaz.com/ to attend the celebration this weekend.
Christopher's Restaurant and Crush Lounge
Biltmore Fashion Park, 2502 E Camelback Rd #102, Phoenix, AZ 8501