Sunday, January 8Posted: Updated:
The Arizona Hiking Shack
3244 E. Thomas Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Debbie Hernandez with Home Depot
Dr. Art Mollen
Dr. Mollen's Practice is located at 16100 N. 71st St in Scottsdale. For more information call 480-656-0016 or log onto www.drartmollen.com
Cactus Flower Florists
10822 N. Scottsdale Rd. (Scottsdale Road and Shea Boulevard)
Free floral demonstrations and glassybaby pop-up shop
Friday, Jan. 13th
3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
DIY floral classes every hour on the hour and glassybaby pop-up shop
Saturday, Jan. 14th
10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Happy hour pricing of 50% off loose flowers from open to close at the Scottsdale location on Jan. 13th and 14th
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv or on facebook at Wally's Weekly Car Reviews or on twitter @CahillWally
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org
To email questions to Chef Dad, email email@example.com
For more of Chef Dad's recipes go to www.chefdad.com
Chef Dad's Bacon Wrapped Green Chili's
8 Anaheim Green Chili Peppers (large, fresh from your grocers produce section)
1 Package of Cream Cheese (8 oz. at room temperature)
2-3 Tbsp. Salsa (your favorite)
Salt & Pepper
Bacon (16 strips of regular bacon, NOT the thick sliced)*
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a bowl, combine cream cheese with a few heaping tablespoons of the salsa and a few heavy pinches of salt & pepper then mix well to combine then set aside.
3) Slice the stem side of the pepper off. Now slice pepper in half lengthwise. Spoon out and discard the seeds and stems.
4) Use a piping bag or zipper bag** to spread about 1 ½ tablespoons of cream cheese mixture in the hollowed out portion of pepper.
5) Wrap entire pepper with strip of bacon.
6) Place on a baking rack inside a foil lined baking pan so that the bacon fat can drain away. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until bacon has browned.
*Your bacon will cook more thoroughly if you buy the regular bacon rather than the thick slices. Also, allow bacon to sit out of the fridge for about 15-20 minutes so it will be easier to stretch around the pepper.
** Put cream cheese mixture in a plastic zipper bag and snip off a small corner with scissors then "pipe" the cream cheese into the chili. Don't over fill the pepper or the mixture will bubble up and out of the pepper.
This recipe makes 16 servings.
Cooks Note: Try to find green chilies that are straight and not curved. Obviously, they are easier to work with.
Copyright 2017 KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.