Thursday, December 22Posted: Updated:
Free gift wrapping at Sky Harbor
Are you planning to travel with gifts? TSA recommends that travelers do not wrap their gifts if they are bringing them through security. That's why from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. December 22-23 and from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on December 24, gift-wrapping will be available in Terminal 4.
For more information: www.SkyHarbor.com
Get your car fueled up and washed at Sky Harbor
Just another perk at Sky Harbor, for the busy traveler, you can get your car fueled up and washed while you are away. We check out the benefits of Epic Valet, the airport's only curbside valet service.
For more information: www.EpicValet.com
Behind-the-scenes look at one-hour delivery
We get an inside look at an Amazon Prime Now Hub to see how superfast one-hour delivery happens, and how the service helps deliver holiday miracles to procrastinators this holiday season. This building is home to tens of thousands of items that can be delivered in an hour or less, right up until 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 24th.
For more information: www.Amazon.com
Winne-the-Pooh Christmas is a holiday must-see
It's not too late to catch A Winnie-the-Pooh Christmas Tail, with shows today and tomorrow. The entire production is put on by the kids at the Valley Youth Theatre. We go back stage with the cast and crew 20 minutes before this morning's show-time.
Show times vary according to the day and ticket prices are $18 not including fees. For more information or to purchase tickets call the box office Monday- Friday 10 am to 3 pm at 602-252-8188 or visit www.vyt.com.
Valley Youth Theatre
525 North First Street Phoenix, AZ 85004
Central & Fillmore Street
Dave Owens, The Garden Guy: What to do with your Holiday Plants
The holidays are here and a lot of folks add special plants around the home for decoration and color. But, when the holiday is over, what do you do with all those extra plants? Dave The Garden Guy has ideas of what you can do with the extra foliage, form Christmas cactus to poinsettia’s.
The holidays are here and its time to add some special plants around your home for some great decorations and color even after it's all over. You can sometimes find these plants year round or others that were planted in the fall that have bloomed for winter that show there colors very well. They are great in pots for indoor and outdoor areas or can be planted as well and with the proper care they can last from now until the end of the year or longer. Christmas cactus, rosemary, cyclamen, poinsettia, Christmas tree wreath (live), and amaryllis red lion bulb are to name few of the great plants and cactus you can get for some added decoration after the holidays.
- Christmas cactus These are great indoor that require indirect bright light during the day but total darkness at night. They require 50-60% humidity so it's good practice to place a glass, vase or tray of water near it. Avoid placing it near heating ducts or the fireplace and drafty areas to help last through December. Once the Christmas season has passed to promote new growth you want to place the cactus in a cool room with limited water for up to 30 days of rest. No trimming/pruning is needed until March and a few leaves may fall during the rest period.
- Rosemary (1) topiary and (1) Christmas tree shaped - Another great indoor plant that does best in cool locations with bright direct light and good air circulation, the more light it receives the denser it will stay. Do not overwater the topiary and after watering empty the drainage saucer so it's not sitting in water. Wait until summer to plant outside and hold off on fertilizing until spring time.
- Cyclamen Bright in color that needs so good care, you always want to keep the soil moist and avoid getting water on the crown of the plant. They require high humidity during the winter, and keeping it on a tray that is in water is ideal. They also require bright indirect light in the winter and dormant and less light in the summer (they do not like heat).
- Christmas wreaths These are wonderful decorations that need to be placed away from direct sunlight and misting it with water will keep it fresh through season.
- Poinsettia Most common plant you can find in many stores like Costco and Home Depot they are bright red and great potted plants that is a tropical plant and likes as much direct sunlight that can be provided so near windows is preferred. Maintenance is easy as the surface feels dry add more water and makes sure to let it run through the bottom and not let it sit.
Tara at the Movies: "Passengers" and "Assassins Creed."
Tara Hitchcock sits down with the stars of the movie "Passengers," and "Assassin Creed."
To see reviews and behind the scenes segments visit: http://www.taraontv.com/video.html
Keeping kids calm during holiday travel
Traveling with kids this holiday season? The Travel Diet's Dena Roché shows us the must-have solutions for parents.
For more information on The Travel Diet's Dena Roché visit: www.thetraveldiet.com
Arizona Coyotes bike to be auctioned at Russo and Steele
Russo and Steele Collector Automobile Auctions returns to Scottsdale January 18-22, 2017. Now at the event's new home at the Salt River Fields at Talking Stick. The annual auction is a staple event in the Valley and this year, a one-of-a-kind motorcycle, commissioned by world renowned designer Paul Yaffe, will be auctioned. Yaffe has been designing some of the world's most distinctive, custom Harley Davidson motorcycles since 1984, and his unique style has been setting industry standards for more than a decade.
All proceeds will benefit the Arizona Coyotes Foundation and Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix.