Tuesday, October 25Posted: Updated:
Indians World Series/Watch Party at the Ballpark!
Games 1 and 2 of the World Series are being played in Cleveland, but the excitement can be felt all the way to Goodyear! Come out the ballpark and cheer on the Indians while watching the game on the big screen.
Game 1 - Tuesday, October 25 - gates open at 4:30 p.m. (first pitch at 5:07 p.m.)
Game 2 - Wednesday. October 26 - gates open at 4:30 p.m. (first pitch at 5:07 p.m.)
Admission is free. Concessions will be available for purchase, including beer. Lawn seating is available - blankets only (no lawn chairs), or you can try out seats you might want to watch the game from next season.
Enter to win an Indians Fan Experience - NEW for 2017 - and other prizes while you're here!
For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1774958326126483 or call 623.882.3120.
Valley Cubs fans prepare for the team's 1st World Series in 71 years
The Cubs are going to the World Series for the first time since 1945. The Cubs have a big following in the Valley and play their Spring Training games at Sloan Park. We'll be live at Chicago Hamburger Company where they're gearing up for the World Series. If the Cubs win the series, they'll give away 2,016 sliders to fans!
For more information visit: http://chicagohamburger.com/
Chicago Hamburger Company
3749 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85018
Designer Nate Berkus in the Valley launching LG Studio kitchen appliances
We meet up with Designer Nate Berkus as he launches his latest venture, a new line of LG Studio kitchen appliances. And, we talk about kitchen improvements as we head into the holiday season. Nate teaches us how to splurge, save, and design like a designer using lightening, decor, paint and more.
Nate's Tips on what to splurge on & where to save:
- A timeless Look: When it comes to making big design decisions in your kitchen, put aside trends and go with timeless and elegant. Invest in hardworking appliances, well-made countertops (something classic, like marble), and consider splurging on vintage flooring options. Things that will look as good 10 years from now as they do today and will add character to your kitchen.
- Paint: Tearing out cabinets isn't always an option, but painting is a great solution. Black, gray and black lacquer are some of Nate's 'go-to' colors. It sets off all the appliances and makes for a dramatic change.
- Brighten with lights: Lighting is one of the most important decisions you can make in any room, including the kitchen. Take time to shop for vintage sconces and lighting fixtures; it's a great way to add character to the kitchen.
- Shop your home: Use things you already own ceramic bowls, rattan baskets, framed photographs and objects from travels. It helps personalize your space and makes it feel layered.
For more information: LGStudioCollection.com
Pair Halloween candy with craft beer
- Snickers - The old stand-by candy bar offers nougat, peanuts, caramel and chocolate; these flavors will be satisfyingly paired well by a rich, stout or porter. Roasted malts invoke complimentary chocolate, while mildly acrid bitterness cuts through the sugary candy. For this we will be pairing with Arizonas largest craft brewery, Four Peaks Sirius Black Imperial Stout.
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup- While folks' approaches towards eating this classic will vary, all should enjoy the wonderful appurtenance of a roasty style black IPA. The roastiness will be paired beautifully with Santa Fe Black IPA. We love Santa Fe Brewery here, they also brew our two house beers The Brass Tap Blonde and The Brass Tap Hefe.
- Candy Corn- For this we have chosen to pair with Ska Brewing from Colorado's Mole Stout. Smooth and subtle, this style of beer will help to tame the granular sweetness and accent the subtle caramel notes of the candy. Don't forget to join us on Halloween because we will be randalling this deliciousness with candy corn as well to help celebrate Halloween and our Brewery of the Month.
- Sweetarts- A favorite of your humble narrator, this lively and often intense candy will provide an excellent contrast to the dry, earthy rusticity of a mixed-fermentation of sours. The flavors of Epic Sour IPA will pair well with this sweet and dry flavor. It will be complex, but we assure you it will be delicious.
For more information, visit www.thebrasstap.com
Get creative with seasonal glass blowing classes
'Tis the season to try something new and hot! At Circle 6 Studios in Phoenix, you can try your hand at glass blowing, in a fun 2-hour class. We try it out ourselves and learn how to create glass pumpkins and decorative holiday ornaments. We also find out how this hobby can be so addictive.
For more information: http://www.circle6studios.com/
Circle 6 Studios
1424 East Virginia Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Cross Streets: Virginia & 15th Street
SRP linemen win 5 categories of 33rd Intl Linemen's Rodeo
SRP Linemen competed in Kansas, for their version of the Olympics on Oct 15th, and many came back winners. We catch up with them, see their trophies, and talk about their winning techniques. SRP says, "it was a big year for these guys," as 10 Journeymen Linemen and apprentices placed in 5 categories. The 33rd Annual 2016 International Lineman's Rodeo & Expo, which features skills competitions was held in Kansas for more than 200 utility companies across the country.
For more information: https://www.linemansrodeokc.com/
The best snacks to pack on your next trip: Dena Roche travel journalist/travel expert
Airport and airline food is bad for you and your wallet and don't get me started on fast food on a road trip.
These products are healthy, filling, taste good, travel well. TSA approved!
The Travel Diet
Cucina & Amore
Charge Boss Clusters
Go Macro Bars
It's easy to get free Zollipops for your children's school 1) Schools register at www.zollipops.com/100K 2) Schools get Zollipops to share with every student to support oral health 3) All families get info and a coupon to SAVE.
Halloween liability and Election Day rights -Valley legal expert Monica Lindstrom discuss timely legal issues.
Halloween liability/rights as a homeowner, what if someone gets hurt on your property, homeowner safety tips
Election Day what do you have to bring with you, can you take photos, can you approach people and ask them who they're voting for, what are the rules to all this?
For more information visit: http://monicalindstrom.com/
Halloween do's & don'ts for man's best friend
Halloween is right around the corner and many of us enjoy dressing up our pups for the spooky holiday. However, there can be many safety hazards. The Arizona Animal Welfare League tells us the do's and don'ts of dressing up man's best friend. They also brought in a cute bonded pair that need to be adopted together.
For more information visit: https://aawl.org/
Arizona Animal Welfare league
25 N 40th Street Phoenix AZ 85034
Combat dry skin this fall
Arizona is known for its dry climate. Hot sunny days combined with time spent indoors with the AC running can take a toll and lead to uncomfortable, itchy dry skin and eyes. While many of us reach for lotions and drops, it is just as important to consider what you put into your body. Holistic pharmacist and award winning author Sherry Torkos has some strategies to hydrate your body from within.
For more information visit: www.sherrytorkos.com
Create a "terror-ific" tablescape for Halloween
We're conjouring up the Halloween spirit with the experts; a "spooksperson" from Party City. We're making any "boo bash" a scream with bewitching decor, franken-tastic food and easy DIY crafts, boooos-y drinks and more.
For more information: http://www.partycity.com/
Reporter, news producer, New York Times best-selling author and Real Housewife of New York Carole Radziwill has done it all and looked fabulous while doing it. This smart and witty lady is known for her chic, effortless style and for using classic wardrobe staples as the base for her fashion "uniform."
For more information visit: