COPY-Garlic and Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts with Pesto Sauce & Grilled Vegetable PiadinaPosted:
Garlic & Herb grilled Chicken Breasts with Pesto Sauce
An easy go-to grilled chicken recipe using the unique flavor of sweet basil pesto.
• 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces each
• 1/4 cup Queen Creek Olive Mill Garlic & Herb Crema
• 1 cup (packed) fresh basil
• 1/3 cup (packed) Parsley
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1/4 cup blanched almonds
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Grilled bread, for serving and dipping into the pesto. Using a meat pounder, gently pound the chicken breasts so they are about 1/2-inch thick all around. Add the Garlic & Herb Crema to a bowl and add the chicken, turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, garlic, almonds, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pulse until finely chopped. While the machine is running, add the olive oil in a steady stream. Set aside 3/4 of the mixture for later and reserve the rest to use while grilling.
Preheat the grill and oil the grates. Grill the chicken over med/high heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and firm to the touch, about 10 to 12 minutes. Brush with a coat of pesto just before taking the chicken off the grill.
Serve the grilled chicken with the remaining pesto and grilled bread.
Grilled Vegetable Piadina
• 2 small zucchini, sliced
• 2 red peppers, sliced
• 8 ounces baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
• 1 small onion, sliced
• 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons Traditional Style Balsamic Reduction
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 4 Piadinas (Italian Flatbread Pita can be substituted).
• 2 cups baby arugula
• Queen Creek Olive Mill Garlic & Herb Crema for drizzling
• Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat grill to medium to 400 degrees F. Place all vegetables in a large bowl add the olive oil and vinegar salt a pepper and toss. Place them into a vegetable grill pan and then on the grill. I like to use a disposable aluminum foil pan for my grill pan. It is inexpensive and cleanup is easy. Just throw it away.
Grill until desired tenderness. Heat the flatbread on the grill, both sides.
Place flatbread on a serving plate. Add the grilled veggies, arugula and drizzle with the crema. Finish with a liberal dose of the shredded parmesan cheese.
Feel free to use your favorite veggies!