Tuesday, October 18Posted: Updated:
Paul's Carwash to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters begins today
It's the 9th year for Paul's Carwash, partnered with 95.1 The Oasis, and you can join and participate by bringing your car down. Beginning today, CBS-5 Meteorologist Paul Horton will live in an RV at Desert Ridge Marketplace for the entire week, as he prepares to wash upwards of 2,000 cars to raise money and awareness for Big Brothers Big Sisters. It's a fun community event featuring music, mini horses, drill team entertainment and more. Last year Mayor Greg Stanton kicked things off as Dan Majerle, Grumpy Cat, Tom Chambers, Alice Cooper, and Luis Gonzales all drove their cars through.
For more information:
$25 Wagyu Burger offered for a limited time
The Wagyu beef burger, one of the juiciest and best burgers in America is now being offered at The Capital Grille for $25.00, but only for a limited time. The limited engagement is called "Wagyu & Wine," and it's one of Capital Grille's least expensive offerings.
For more information: www.TheCapitalGrille.com
The Capital Grille
16489 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Frank Lloyd Wright & Scottsdale Rd.
2502 East Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Popular bridal gown trends for Fall and Create easy, chic DIY wedding decor
It's wedding season in the Valley and this Fall bride are opting for more unique gown colors.
- Metallic (gold, silver, rose gold, etc.) accents in the dress. Either metallic lace applique or metallic embroidery woven throughout the gown. Give the dress a nice "warm" feeling for the cooler months.
- Gowns with more unique colors: champagne, mauve, beige for Fall weddings and grey, silver, hints of blue for Winter weddings
- An obvious choice, but it's a great time of year to wear a gown with a sleeve, either 3/4 or full length. This is a really popular trend that we really can't pull off during the Summer in AZ.
- A winter inspired wedding dress with a "snow" effect tulle overlay
If you've planned a wedding before, you know they can be expensive but there are ways to cut costs on your decor.
- Painted/dipped pumpkins - whites + metallics. Adds an obvious Fall element in a chic, non-cheesy way.
- Painted Fall leaves as name cards
- Pinecone name holder
- Easy + elegant pine cone + "snow" centerpiece
- Easy DIY table number using a $.99 picture frame from Ikea. Painted in a metallic tone, it's perfect for a Fall/Winter weddings and really elegant.
For more information, visit: www.brilliantbridal.com
Brilliant Bridal - Two Locations
4233 W. Thunderbird Road
1946 S. Dobson Road
Blast away your fat with new painless procedure
It's all the rage in Hollywood, and now this new FDA approved procedure to melt your fat away, is being offered here in Arizona for the first time. It's called the Ultrashape Power, and unlike the fat freezing methods, this new treatment is said to be pain-free and relaxing as it uses a warming ultrasound device.
For more information: www.lifescapepremier.com
8757 East Bell Road, Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
Cross Streets: Bell and 101 or Pima Rd.
Joanie Simon: Spooky Sweets and Spaghetti Bolognese
- Pinterest is full of holiday treat ideas, but not all of them are winners. These are three recipes that are not going to turn into a Pinterest fail.
- Rice Crispy Mummies are easy to make if you know how to make standard rice crispies and then just use easy melting white chocolate chips to decorate.
- The candy corn parfaits are sweet, but healthy because kids will be filled with enough sugar on Halloween night.
- Bloody Shirley Temples are a fun non-alcoholic beverage for kids and adults. Get the plastic syringes online.
- It's a tradition at my house to have everyone over and serve spaghetti on Halloween night. A few years ago, everyone wanted my recipe for the sauce so I published it the next week.
- The meat secret is a combo of ground beef and sweet Italian sausage.
- Once you sauté the veggies, add in the spices before adding the liquid so that the spices really absorb into the vegetables, making it extra flavorful.
- Don't rinse your pasta with water after cooking it otherwise it won't absorb the sauce and you'll end up with watery sauce on the plate.
Inside Edition's Lisa Guerrero releases new craft book, "Jewelry for your table."
Award-winning journalist, actress and author, Lisa Guerrero, who is best known as the Chief Investigative Reporter on 3TV's Inside Edition, will be releasing her first craft book today. It's called, "Jewelry for Your Table," and it'll teach readers how to curate, create, and gift one-of-a-kind napkin ring sets made from vintage brooches and costume jewelry found at flea markets.
Lisa Guerrero Book Signing
"Jewelry for Your Table"
Barnes & Noble
Address: 2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy Ste 1032, Tempe, AZ 85281
Phone: (480) 894-6954
Monica Lindstrom: Social media defamation leading to lawsuits
Valley legal expert Monica Lindstrom says you cannot just write anything on your Facebook page or blog, you still have to follow common sense and the law.
7th Annual Apache Lake Music Festival October 21-22
Apache Lake Music Festival is a two-day music festival showcasing over 30 of the best bands in Arizona. Celebrating its seventh year in 2016, the sounds and sights are some of the best the state has to offer, and the campsites on the lake's beach are unbeatable. Be a part of ALMF, a festival that recognizes local talent and embraces the Arizona landscape and community.
For more information,visit: www.apachelakemusicfestival.com
Apache Lake Music Festival
October 21-22, 2016
2day passes: $40
Single-day passes: $25
Apache Lake 229.5 Mile Marker, Roosevelt, AZ