Mom of missing Buckeye boy is a no-show in court to fight for custody of kids

Posted: Updated:
Jesse Wilson (Source: Buckeye Police Department) Jesse Wilson (Source: Buckeye Police Department)
Crystal Wilson, Jesse's mom, made a tearful plea for him to return shortly after he vanished.(Source: KPHO/KTVK) Crystal Wilson, Jesse's mom, made a tearful plea for him to return shortly after he vanished.(Source: KPHO/KTVK)

The mother of a Buckeye boy missing for nearly three months was a no-show in court Friday for a dependency hearing regarding the missing boy and his two siblings.

Crystal Wilson is the adopted mom of missing 10-year old Jesse, his twin sister and their older brother. State child safety workers removed the two other children from the home when Jesse went missing in July.


Wilson told police she believes the boy slipped out of the second story window and ran away. It was apparently something he had done in the past. Police say they have not ruled out foul play.

The dependency hearing was initiated by The Arizona Department of Child Safety in a first move to terminate Wilson’s parental rights to Jesse, if found, and his two siblings.

When Wilson did not show up for the closed-door hearing, the judge entered a default on her behalf, which will allow the process to continue.

Cynthia Lauderdale is also a party to the case. She was at the hearing. Lauderdale claims to be the biological grandmother of the three kids Wilson adopted after the state took them away from Lauderdale’s daughter.

She is attempting to gain visitation to the two children currently in DCS care and eventually would like to get custody of them.

Meanwhile, Buckeye Police Chief Larry Hall said while public and media attention have decreased regarding Jesse, his investigators are vigorously working the case.

“We're currently awaiting the crime lab results and we believe that will bring forensic value to the investigation,” said Hall.

The Chief would not elaborate on what items were submitted for testing, but during the early stages of the investigation, detectives were seen taking evidence bags from the Wilson home that contained items from inside as well as Wilson’s car.   

Attempts to reach Wilson on Friday were unsuccessful.

Hall said his investigators have not talked with Wilson since her initial interview and a follow-up early in the investigation. He also confirmed that she has not reached out to anyone in the Buckeye Police Department for updates on the case or to offer any additional information.

“I’m very confident in our investigators that are working this investigation and I'm very confident in the direction they're going with it,” said Hall  

Copyright 2016 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

  • Social Connect

  • Contact

    AZ Family