Wednesday, October 12Posted: Updated:
Blood Python at Wildlife World Zoo!
Blood Python Facts:
- Found in marshes and tropical swamps in South East Asia
- Females are larger than males and can get over 6ft long and can weigh over 15lbs
- These snakes typically look over weight due to their wide structure
- Gets the name Blood Python because of their red colorations
- Can live over 20 years
- One of the few species of reptiles that actually incubate their eggs
- They are a non-venomous constrictor
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website www.wildlifeworld.com.
The Womack recaptures the vintage spirit of Chez Nous
The Womack recently opened in Uptown Phoenix and aims to recreate the style of Chez Nous, the iconic Phoenix lounge which opened in the 1960s. The name itself is a reference to Chez Nous' original owners, Andy and Maureen Womack.
For more information, visit: thewomack.us.
Live Music by The Roscoe Taylor Band every Thurs-Sat, Happy Hour from 4-7pm Monday-Friday
5749 N 7th Street, Phoenix AZ 85014
Local Love: Brindley's Music
Opened in Chandler in 1977. family-owned business opened by at WWII Vet is now transitioning to the third generation.
For more information visit: https://www.brindleysmusic.com/
836 N. Arizona Ave. Chandler, AZ 85225
Local: (480) 963-1468
Hours: M-F 10AM-8PM; Sat 9AM-5PM
Phoenix Fashion Week kicks off Thursday
Phoenix Fashion Week, the Valley's leading authority on fashion, will proudly host their annual series of runway shows, October 13th - 15th, from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., at Talking Stick Resort, located at 9800 Talking Stick Way in Scottsdale, AZ. The three-day event celebrates the conclusion of a four-month emerging designer boot camp, led by mentor and True Religion Jeans Co-founder Kym Gold, in which the 14 hand-selected designers have been preparing to launch their collections for Phoenix Fashion Week.
Tickets are required to attend Phoenix Fashion Week at Talking Stick Resort and range from $30 to $225. Tickets can be purchased at Eventbrite.com.
For more information, visit www.PhoenixFashionWeek.com or follow Phoenix Fashion Week on Twitter @PHXfashionweek. We encourage followers to use Phoenix Fashion Week's official twitter hashtag #phxfashionweek and #DesignerBootCamp for this event.
Don't want a flu shot? Here are some alternatives
While many of us turn to flu shots to avoid getting sick, a Valley naturopathic physician shows us some natural alternatives to boost your immunity and stay healthy.
The flu shot is not 100 percent. Studies show the average shot only 50 percent effective in preventing the flu in the first place.
Developing healthy lifestyle habits and focusing on immunity boosting are can make you healthy year round.
- IV Drips: These drips with Vitamin C and other virus-battling ingredients give your body a boost in your fight against the flu. Added bonus, close your eyes and relax while you let the drip do the work. Less stress helps our bodies fight off sickness too.
- UV Light Therapy: Light therapy is another way to help kill the flu virus and prevent it from taking hold.
- Black Elderberry: an immune-supporting herbal supplement that can help you recover faster.
- Hydration and Hygiene: Drinking plenty of water, washing your hands and eating more greens and less sugar may seem like difficult habits to develop, but they have big rewards in staying healthy.
To protect yourself from getting the flu, get the seasonal vaccine, stay away from sick people and wash your hands. If you do have the flu, don't go to work or school.
Where to get vaccinated
- Primary care provider
- Community health centers
*Community Health Centers accept most insurance and also offer the uninsured a sliding scale for services provided, according to the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Walk-in care clinics
- Immunization clinics
- Local pharmacy
County health departments
The Maricopa County Department of Public Health has three immunization clinics for children up to their 19th birthday. Immunizations are provided free of charge.
Vaccines are also available for uninsured or underinsured adults at these clinics.
- Roosevelt Clinic
- 1645 E. Roosevelt St., Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Mesa Clinic
- 635 E. Broadway Rd. Mesa, AZ 85204
- West Clinic
- 1850 N. 95th Ave., Suite 184, Phoenix, AZ 85037
For more information, visit: WeRejuvenate.com
Rejuvena Health & Aesthetics
7514 E. Camelback Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
National Bullying Prevention Month
In one large study, about 49% of children in grades 412 reported being bullied by other students at school at least once during the past month,
Cyber Bullying Statistics 2014. 25 percent of teenager’s report that they have experienced repeated bullying via their cell phone or on the internet. Over half (52 percent) off young people report being cyber bullied.
For more information, visit: www.technologywellnesscenter.com
Eat all the tacos! The 6th annual Arizona Taco Festival is this weekend
Join us for the 6th Annual Arizona Taco Festival at Salt River Fields!
- Oct. 15 &16, 11am-7pm
- Over 40 Taco teams compete for $10,000
- Plenty of events for the whole family:
- Taco Judging- 50 judges from National Taco Association
- Tequila Expo - Oct. 15 $20 for 10 samples
- Ay Chihuahua! Beauty Pageant Oct. 16
- Lucha Libre Wrestling
- Live Music
- Tickets: GA $12, 12 and under free
More information: www.aztacofestival.com
Arizona Taco Festival
Oct.15 & 16
Salt River Fields at Talking Stick
7555 N. Pima Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Learn how to adjust your makeup for the fall
A soft navy cat eye, ombre lips and copper lipstick are three fall trends you might want to try, Celebrity makeup artist Mary Beth York shows us how to create those looks.
- Soft navy cat eye, easy it is to use a navy shadow and tiny angle brush
- Ombre lips by layering a deep berry lipstick with my Vegan pink frost shimmer stick on top
- Show how to hi light the entire face using the shimmer stick on cheeks, nose, lips and brow bone
- Show how to use a berry blush on cheeks and increase as eyeshadow
- Second look is showing how to use the other big fall trend, Copper as lipstick, blush, and shadow crease also with the navy soft cat eye
For more information: www.mbyork.com
Mary Beth York
Jo Paris Salon
14202 N Scottsdale Rd
The latest and greatest in carry-on luggage
Dena Roché, travel journalist of TheTravelDiet.com shows us the best bags for every kind of trip!
The Travel Diet
Briggs & Riley