Saturday, October 8Posted: Updated:
Serves: Makes about 125 Gummy Bears
1 Cup Wine
1 Cup Sugar
3 Tablespoons or 6 packets of powdered Gelatin
1 drop pink food coloring (if making Rosé Gummy Bears)
2-3 Gummy Bear Molds
1. Place the wine, sugar and gelatin in a saucepan over medium low heat (if you want to keep the alcohol in, make sure to keep under 90 degrees). Whisk for 2-3 minutes or until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. (Stir in the pink food coloring if making Rosé gummy bears)
2. Using a glass measuring cup with a spout, pour the mixture over the gummy bear molds. Use an offset spatula to get rid of the excess and ensure all the molds are filled.
3. Refrigerate for at least 90 minutes.
4. When gelatin has set, bears will easily pop out from mold.
5. Store uneaten wine gummy bears in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
McDonald's Little Free Library Grand Opening
Saturday, Oct. 8th
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
McDonald's, 6650 W. Van Buren
Phoenix, AZ 85043
Local community dignitaries and Ronald McDonald will participate in the Little Free Library ribbon cutting ceremony at noon. The celebration will feature family fun literacy activities and a children's book giveaway. The restaurant will also offer a FREE Vanilla cone with purchase and $1.99 4-piece Chicken McNugget Happy Meals from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Pretty in Pink
30% of all sales from the MAX lace-up flats go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)
Dots of Perfection
30% of sales for each pink set goes to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation.
50% to Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF)
Pushy Pink Colorizer and Dusty Rose Hair Chalk
www.ULTA.com and ULTA in-store
50% goes to Nat'l Breast Cancer Foundation
Lucky Pink Syd
30% to the Susan G. Komen Foundation
Sterling Forever's PINK collection
30% to Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Naked Body Scrubs
Ultimate Women's Expo
Oct. 8th & 9th
Phoenix Convention Center
Oct. 8th & 9th
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Salt River Fields
7555 N. Pima Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
Phoenix Fashion Week
Talking Stick Resort
5 p.m. to 10 p.m.
6003 N. 16th St., Phoenix.
Old World Oktoberfest
11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Centennial Plaza, Peoria
Arizona Center for Germanic Cultures (AC4GC)
Entrance fee $5 for adults
21 and over
AZ Share That You Care
Saturday, October 15th
10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Vintage 45
45 West Buchanan Street, Phoenix
3313 N. 7th St, Phoenix
Monday-Saturday, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Copyright 2016 KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.