Tuesday, October 4Posted: Updated:
West Valley Job Fair today at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel Spa & Convention Center
Jobertising.com has partnered with some of Glendale's best companies to bring you the West Valley Job Fair at the Renaissance Glendale Hotel and Spa (9495 W. Coyotes Blvd, Glendale, AZ 85305). The job fair is being hosted today from 11AM - 2PM. Make sure to bring plenty of resumes and dress ready to interview. Attendance is free for job seekers. To register please visit jobertising.com.
Some of the featured companies include: Chase, Desert Diamond Casinos & Entertainment, First Transit, Grand Canyon University, Dignity Memorial, Farmers Insurance, ComTrans, Valley Life, AIT Truck Driver Training, Legal Shield, PSA Behavior Health Agency, HDS Truck Driving Institute, PSCU and many more.
"Brick or Treat" at LEGOLAND Discovery Center
LEGOLAND Discovery Center will be launching their Brick or Treat event for the month of October, beginning this Saturday, Oct 8th. Expect an assortment of festive, fall-themed fun, from a Halloween Mask Build to building your own pumpkins to add to the Pumpkin Patch.
For more info: LegolandDiscoveryCenter.com/Arizona
For more on LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona or to plan a visit during Brick or Treat, call 877 526 3960, email email@example.com or follow LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center--At Arizona Mills Mall
5000 S Arizona Mills Cir, Tempe, AZ 85282
1-10 & Baseline
Fall fun at SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium
Looking for something to do during Fall break for the kids? How about some fall-time and seasonal activities at Sealife Aquarium in Tempe? Any day in October, beginning this Saturday, Oct 8th, SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium will be holding Halloween events, include under water pumpkin carving, costume contests and more.
SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium--At Arizona Mills Mall
5000 S Arizona Mills Cir, Tempe, AZ 85282
1-10 & Baseline
Pinspiration is a DIY arts and crafts studio/wine bar/events space in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area located on High Street (City North).
The studio removes DIY's common barriers to creativity and make it easy for every member of the community to unleash their inner artist and "try DIY.
Pinspiration's hip studio offers both open-ended and tutorial-let art experiences in a supportive, playful venue. Customers have access to a variety of high-quality art supplies and tools. Customers can create their own idea on the spot or they can choose from an array of ever-changing monthly project menus based on the most popular "pinned" social media projects and current craft trends.
The venue includes a VIP party room, a full-service beer/wine bar, a crafting/project room and Arizona's first splatter room, inspired by Jackson Pollock.
Please call ahead at 480-636-8010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting so we can make sure your space is reserved for your group.
Visit their website at: www.pinspirationaz.com
5410 E. High Street, Ste 105
Phoenix, AZ 85054
Tailgate Grilling: Bacon Jalapeno Peaches & Giant Grilled Cheese: Joanie Simon
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peaches
- When wrapping anything with bacon, be sure to use the standard cut, not the extra thick because it's easier to get it to stay wrapped.
- Do the bacon wrapping the night before and refrigerate to get it to hold to the peaches even more.
- When slicing up the jalapenos to go in the peaches, be sure to wear gloves, or don't touch your eyes since the spice can transfer from your fingers.
- Occasionally turning the peaches while grilling will get a nice even cook for crispy bacon.
Giant Grilled Cheese
- This recipe is so easy and can literally feed an army, piling up your favorite fillings into a loaf of French or garlic bread.
- Turkey Bacon Avocado is a family favorite combo in sandwiches, so we layer those up inside two open faced halves of a loaf of bread along with the cheese. Cheese slices should the touching the bread so that they melt properly and are easy for sandwich assembly.
- Come to the tailgate with bacon pre-cooked, packaged turkey and fresh avocados for slicing.
- Keep grill over medium to medium low heat for this recipe so you don't burn your sandwich to a crisp.
- Only a few minutes on the grill, until your cheese is melted, then assemble the sandwich and slice.
"Guac the Vote" on this National Taco Day
Taco Tuesday has a whole new meaning this morning, when it's also National Taco Day! Michael Reyes, owner of Paz Cantina Food Truck, who's not only celebrating National Taco Day, but also "Guac the Vote," which is taking off on social media. It's a movement started by The U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, where people can register to vote at taco trucks across the country, including Paz Cantina Food Truck here in the Valley.
For more information, visit: https://www.facebook.com/PAZCantina/?ref=page_internal
Kids & Finance
Arizona is among a majority of states that do not require financial education to graduate high school
- New study suggests children between 3 and 5 should begin developing "executive function," via financial education
- Study suggests teens who are taught to be comfortable with using and saving money at a young age are also more comfortable doing so in the real world
- Preschool parenting tip: Make a grocery list and go "shopping" in the home pantry
- Elementary parenting tip: Save a portion of allowance to buy something with the parent "matching" that input
- Teenage parenting tip: Give a kid a bill to be in charge of cell phone, for example
16930 E. Palisades Blvd., Ste. 103
Fountain Hills, AZ 85268
Pink Ribbon Oysters to support breast cancer research
Dominick's Steakhouse is showing its support for breast cancer research by serving Pink Ribbon Oysters. In October, 25-percent net revenue of every Pink Ribbon Oyster sale will be donated to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. For more info: DominicksSteakhouse.com
- Baked pink ribbon oysters with black truffle king crab.
- Pink ribbon oyster freshly shucked
- Alaskan King Crab
- Truffle butter
- Seasoned panko bread crumbs
- Chardonnay herb butter sauce
- Fresh squeezed lemon
- Minced chives
Shuck the oyster and top with one ounce of King crab. Top with truffle butter and bread crumbs and bake at 400 for 8 minutes until full cooked and golden brown. Finish with Chardonnay butter, fresh lemon and chives.
Dominick's Steakhouse is located at the southwest corner of the Scottsdale Quarter, near Greenway-Hayden Loop on 15169 N Scottsdale Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85254 in Scottsdale, Ariz. 480-272-7271.