Wednesday, August 3Posted: Updated:
Goodwill Hiring Fest Set for August 3 More than 1,000 Active Positions Available
Goodwill of Central Arizona is hosting a Hiring Fest on August 3, 2016 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 30 Phoenix, Prescott & Yuma locations, including all Goodwill Career Centers and Valley community partners such as: City of Glendale, Avondale Civic Center, Friendly House, Peoria Chamber of Commerce, and Chicanos Por La Causa.
Approximately 70 hiring employers will be spread out among each of the participating Goodwill Career Centers and other locations. They all have immediate hiring needs for open positions across a variety of industries and skill levels.
Participating employers include: State Farm, Chase Bank, City of Avondale, and many more!
Job seekers are encouraged to arrive early, bring resumes, dress professionally and be prepared to talk to hiring managers. For more information, visit: www.goodwillaz.org.
Local Love: Ballet Theater of Phoenix
The dance company has a performance coming up in August 13-14th at PVCC.
$2 per ticket donated to Ballet Program for Children.
For more information visit: www.ballettheatreofphx.org
Ballet Theatre of Phoenix
2326 E Indian School Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Para Olympic Athlete/Ability 360
Ability360, formerly Arizona Bridge to Independent Living (ABIL), continues a 35-year tradition of empowering programs for people with all disabilities. Ability360 offers and promotes programs to empower people with disabilities to take personal responsibility so that they may achieve or continue independent lifestyles within the community. The independent living philosophy states that people with disabilities should have the same civil rights, options, and control over choices in their own lives as do people without disabilities. Ability360 is located at 5025 E. Washington St. Ste. 200, Phoenix, AZ 85034, www.ability360.org, 602-256-2245.
Crafty Chica-Torch Crafts
One of the most fun you can have making crafts, is by using a torch! You can make all sorts of things from working with metals to woods, the Crafty Chica, Kathy Cano-Murillo shows us how it's done, and what we can make. Sometimes the simplest ideas make for the coolest projects - like a torched wood plaque, soldering silver bezels or a wire heart necklace, or even making a s'more's sundae even more special with a touch of flame.
My safety tips for working with a torch:
- Wear goggles and gloves.
- Work in an open space, free of debris.
- Work on top of a heat safe surface, I use a Kiln Shelf that I bought at a local ceramics shop (you can also buy online). For smaller projects, use a firebrick.
- Always keep the flame pointed away from you.
- Read the instructions and watch video tutorials.
- Practice and have fun!
For more information visit her website: www.CraftyChica.com
Potty Training/Dr.Rusell Horton
Banner Health Center
21772 S Ellsworth Loop Rd
Queen Creek, AZ 85142
See It Try It Love It
Foodie sisters finding the hottest food spots in the valley. For more information visit their social media platforms:
BTS Easy Dinner-Heather Walker, Food Blogger
Quick, wholesome easy dinners and tricks since its back to school and things are getting busy for everyone again:
1) Always keep a large bowl of pre-made brown rice or par-boiled pasta in the refrigerator. This can be a perfect, quick side dish, or a base for a versatile dinner! Little kids can just do buttered or cheesy noodles, parents can do a super quick, super yummy creamy pesto and Italian sausage penne!
2) I am LOVING all the little one minute videos on social media with quick and easy recipes! I make a shorter version of this one that's good for the family AND parties! I use frozen meatballs to make it even quicker!
3) I LOOOVE Mexican food, so I always have lots of fresh Southwest ingredients on hand, but my kiddo loves my "Spicy Chicken Tacos." I use pre-cooked, shredded Del Real Chicken, a can of spicy ranch style beans, taco seasoning (home-made in bulk and stored), and pre-cooked rice. Spoon some fresh salsa, shredded cheese and some sliced avocados on top and you've got a FIESTA!!!!!
4) Buy bulk ground beef and/or turkey. Make 6 oz. patties and freeze. You can take them out and use them to grill burgers, perfectly portion meat sauces, make tacos or these stuffed zucchini boats! Kiddos won't eat the zucchini? Use bell peppers or tomatoes!
For more information visit these websites:
The Wildlife World Zoo-Blood Python
Blood Python Facts:
Found in marshes and tropical swamps in South East Asia
Females are larger than males and can get over 6ft long and can weigh over 15lbs
These snakes typically look over weight due to their wide structure
Gets the name Blood Python because of their red colorations
Can live over 20 years
One of the few species of reptiles that actually incubate their eggs
They are a non-venomous constrictor.
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park.
For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website www.wildlifeworld.com
Dr. Brian Harris/Harris Dental
4444 N. 32nd Street, Suite 208, Phoenix AZ 85018