Thursday, Jan.28Posted: Updated:
ADC Correctional Officer Job Recruitment Fair
The Arizona Department of Corrections will host a job recruitment fair on Thursday, January 28 in Gilbert. The Department is actively seeking to fill more than 400 Correctional Officer positions statewide more than 250 of those available jobs are with the Florence and Eyman facilities in Pinal County.
The job recruitment fair will be held at the Maricopa Workforce Connections center at 735 North Gilbert Road, Suite 134, in Gilbert from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ADC recruiters will be on hand to provide more information about a career in corrections and accept applications.
More information regarding the application process for becoming an ADC Correctional Officer can be found on the Department website: https://corrections.az.gov/correctional-officer-careers.
Dave Owens, The Garden Guy
Great Spring Break Getaways
Spring break will be here before you know it, and AAA has travel deals families should book now. As a full-service travel agency, AAA Arizona has tips to making the most out of your Spring Break trip.
- Cruise: Royal Caribbean is having a Caribbean 100 hour sale right now with really great pricing. But to be honest, there are sales all the time on all the cruise lines and extra benefits when they book through AAA. This is a great family trip for everyone including grandparents! We have additional benefits when they book through AAA because on Royal Caribbean, every sailing is an AAA Vacation! Cruising is a great value for Spring Break because there is a lot of inventory, you choose your price based on your cabin selection and meals/entertainment are included.
- Week Trip Ideas: Mexico, Caribbean are best this time of year
- Head North: If you are up for some colder, maybe even snowy weather and driving conditions, Durango, Colorado is a great choice (even if you don't ski).
- Grab your passport: Europe is a great value in the spring! Air prices are in low season which means great deals. For 1 week, AAA would recommend picking one great city and really exploring. For example, go to London, Paris, Frankfurt, for a week. You can take little day trips on the train to surrounding cities.
- Seattle or Canada: (need your passport or a passport card) again this is off-season. You can easily spend a week exploring Seattle with a day trip or 2 up to Vancouver and/or Victoria.
- Staycation: Head north and explore the Grand Canyon Railway & Bearizona, Lowell Observatory, hiking in Sedona to Indian Ruins
For more information visit: https://www.az.aaa.com/news/travel/arizona%E2%80%99s-largest-travel-expo-offers-vacation-ideas-and-savings
Sorso Wine Room
For more information visit: http://sorsowineroom.com/
Located In the Scottsdale Quarter
15323 N. Scottsdale Rd., Ste. 150
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Carlos Mencia will be performing this weekend at StandupLive, Jan. 28th thru Jan. 31st.
For ticket information visit: http://standuplive.com/event.cfm?id=423245
50 W. Jefferson St.
Phoenix, AZ 85003