Thursday, Jan. 21Posted: Updated:
Bruce Munro Sonoran Light at Desert Botanical Garden
Bruce Munro: Sonoran Light at Desert Botanical Garden features an inventive array of materials and hundreds of miles of fiber optics. Located throughout the Garden, the site-specific exhibition reflects Munro's personal interpretation of the Sonoran Desert. The exhibition runs Wednesday - Saturday nights through May 8, 2016.
The exhibition includes Field of Light, featuring 30,000 individual spheres of gently blooming light nestled on the side of the Garden Butte, cascading down onto the Sonoran Desert Nature Loop Trail, a unique iteration of Munro's best known artwork. Saguaro, the colossal cactus, stands as a marker, to show what caught Munro's imagination and how that time and place was interpreted. Munro's desert inspiration continues with Temperate Zone, his interpretation of the ingenious cooling pots created by the indigenous communities in Arizona hundreds of years ago. Munro creates further iterations of his classic work Water-Towers, where 58 colored towers will grace the Garden among the iconic saguaro. The prismatic monumentality of Chindi will suspend in elegant form from the structures in the Sybil B. Harrington Succulent Gallery. Elsewhere Eden Blooms, Beacon, and Fireflies will further engage in dialogue with visitors and the desert landscape
For more information visit: www.dbg.org
Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N. Galvin Parkway
Escape Tiny Home
ESCAPE Traveler XL is the newest tiny home design to hit the market and is created by ESCAPE Homes a leader in handcrafted, travel-ready tiny portable homes.
This 319 square-foot tiny home RV can sleep up to eight people, offers full-size appliances, living area with fireplace, big screen TV, and the open road as its landscape.
ESCAPE Traveler XL is outfitted with its own trailer and is easily transported with a large pick-up. Water and power hook up takes just minutes, allowing travelers to literally take their home on the road with them, on a moment's notice.
For more information, visit ESCAPE Traveler: http://www.escapetraveler.net or call 844-696-3722.
How To Homegate: Party City's Official Party Playbook
Party City Celebration Expert, Evany Sneed, provide us entertainment tips on how viewers can re-create this setup at home for the ultimate homegating party.
- Start The Party At The Front Door: The key to transforming any living room into a football frenzy is to decorate with officially licensed NFL decorations, including pennant, banners, football cutouts, flags, and of course, tons of Cardinals-themed party supplies.
- Out of Party City's huge assortment of NFL licensed gear, some of my favorites are these Cardinals pennants.
- Nothing says "party" like balloons. Here we've clustered together to add filler to the room.
- For the base of our table, we used a grass print tablecloth, and sprinkled football cutouts throughout the table.
- To add a little height to our display, we stacked these megaphones into a tower to frame the table. It's very easy to set up and also very affordable.
- Fanrageous Games and Photo Opps Accessories: Go beyond team jerseys and apparel and hand out fanrageous party fanwear. pom-poms, whistles, glasses, and team-colored beads are perfect for the cheering on your favorite team.
- Provide guests with "fanrageous" accessories from Party City's Color City create a hashtag and encourage guests to use it when sharing images on social media.
- -Place penalty flags at your entrance for quick grabs and put paper grass in a container and add plush footballs in it this is a fun way for your guests to throw footballs and flags when they disagree with a play.
Tailgate Food At Home: Cheering on the Cardinals builds up a serious appetite so next to the game, the food is the most important part of any homegate party.
- It's always good to have a huge variety of finger food for guests to munch on. Mix and match tasty treats and easy appetizers, dressed up in football-themed serveware really transform ordinary foods into perfect party snacks.
- We've placed our utensils and napkins in this football-themed Caddy to save space on the table and keep everything together.
- Homegate food should be delicious yet easy to make create a colorful lineup for your guests to enjoy. These football platters and bowls are a great party size and reusable for many seasons to come.
- We used these clear plastic mini cups to create individual sized dips simply scoop a serving of hummus, salsa, guacamole or any dip into each cup and add a few strips of bell pepper, carrots and celery. Individual servings are super portable and mess-free so they're perfect for homegate parties
- Everyone loves Chicken and Waffles we've placed our minis in this platter, added maple syrup in the middle and topped it off with football-themed toothpicks for easy grab and go.
- Stock the bar with beer bottles that come dressed for the party when embellished with referee and Cardinals cozies. You can also store other beverages in these stylish pails to keep drinks cold for guests
- The typical "Watch Party" is very casual, so keep the fine china in the cabinet use disposable tableware, serveware and drinkware, which makes for easy cleanup and store those football-themed platters for the Super Bowl game next month.
Everything you see here can be found at your local Party City store. There are 13 stores in the Phoenix area, and you can always visit our Party Ideas Gallery on www.PartyCity.com to find even more great ideas and tips!