Sunday, Jan. 17Posted: Updated:
Dr. Art Mollen
Dr. Mollen's Practice is located at 16100 N. 71st St in Scottsdale. For more information call 480-656-0016 or log onto www.drartmollen.com
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
We get a rundown on the Valley's hottest jobs from Ryan Naylor with www.localwork.com.
To email questions to Chef Dad, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more of Chef Dad's recipes go to www.chefdad.com
Chef Dad's Stuffed Mushrooms
Approx. 16 oz. Medium Sized Portabella Mushrooms*
1 lb. Package of Jimmy Dean® Breakfast Sausage** (bulk, not the links or patties)
6 Scallions (green onions) diced
2 Tbsp. Garlic (minced)
¼ Cup Bread Crumbs (Italian Blend)
¼ Cup Sour Cream
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
¼ Cup Fresh Parsley (chopped fine)
1 Tbsp. Butter
Salt & Pepper
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Remove the stems from your mushrooms and set aside. If any of your mushrooms are too round to sit flat on your baking pan, shave a thin layer off the bottom of the mushroom so it will not roll over when baking. Put the mushrooms (not the stems) in a large bowl then drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over them then sprinkle them with a few heavy pinches of salt & pepper. Toss well & set aside.
3) Take those stems and dice them into small pieces. Melt your butter in a frying pan over medium heat then sauté those pieces along with your diced garlic and a few pinches of salt & pepper. This takes about 4-5 minutes. When done, remove from the pan and mix in a bowl with your parsley & scallions. Set aside.
4) In a large skillet over medium high heat, fry & chop up your sausage until cooked completely. After the sausage is cooked completely, turn off the heat then add your mushroom, garlic, parsley & scallion mixture then stir well. Put this mixture into a large bowl. Now add your sour cream and parmesan cheese and mix well. Finally, add your bread crumbs and mix together.
5) Use a spoon to gather enough of the mixture to form a golf ball sized dome on top of the mushroom and to its edges. Repeat for the other mushrooms then put them on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top looks slightly browned.
Cook's Notes: *These mushrooms are usually sold in packages of 6 and about 1 ½ - 2" wide. You could use large button mushrooms. They are less expensive, but have the least amount of flavor. This appetizer can be assembled, but not baked a day ahead if kept covered and refrigerated. **When it comes to the sausage, buy the "Regular" or "Hot" flavor, but NOT the "Maple".
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv or on facebook at Wally's Weekly Car Reviews or on twitter @CahillWally
Debbie Hernandez with Home Depot
Howard Fleischmann, Community Tire and Auto Repair
Visit our locations in Phoenix, Glendale and Cottonwood
The SAM Auction Yard Sale will take place on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 10:30 a.m. The location is 4111 W. Clarendon Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85019. You can learn more at www.SAMauctions.com.
Barrett-Jackson's 45th Anniversary Scottsdale Auction
WestWorld of Scottsdale, 16601 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
For more information on tickets or event schedule, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call 480-421-6694