Sunday, Dec. 20Posted: Updated:
Dr. Art Mollen
Dr. Mollen's Practice is located at 16100 N. 71st St in Scottsdale. For more information call 480-656-0016 or log onto www.drartmollen.com
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at (602) 997-7585. For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
We get a rundown on the Valley's hottest jobs from Ryan Naylor with www.localwork.com.
To email questions to Chef Dad, email email@example.com
For more of Chef Dad's recipes go to www.chefdad.com
Chef Dad's Monkey Bread
2 (10 count) Refrigerated Flaky Butter Biscuits*
2 Cups Light Brown Sugar (packed)
2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter
¼ Cup White Sugar
3 tsp. Ground Cinnamon (divided)
8 oz. Cream Cheese (at room temperature)
½ Cup Hershey Brand "Mini Morsels"
2 Cups Confection (powdered) Sugar + 2 Tbsp. Milk
1) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Make your own cinnamon sugar by combining the white sugar and 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
3) In a bowl, combine cream cheese with ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon and mix well with spatula or in your stand mixer. Add chocolate chips & mix well. Cover and place in refrigerator.
4) Lightly coat bottom of bundt pan with cooking spray.
5) Melt butter in a saucepan then add remaining brown sugar with 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon and stir well. Bring to a light boil to caramelize then pour 1/3 of the butter/brown sugar mix across bottom of bundt pan.
6) Remove cream cheese mix from refrigerator. Take one flaky bun at a time into your hands and pull outward on sides to increase size slightly. You can always do this between a folded piece a wax paper too. Place a small spoonful of the cream cheese mixture into middle of flaky bun. Fold dough around the mixture, pinch closed then roll into a tight ball. Evenly place 8 balls across bottom of bundt pan. Sprinkle the top of them with 2 Tbsp. of sugar/cinnamon mix. Pour second 1/3 of the brown sugar/butter mixture over the 8 buns. Repeat process with remaining 12 dough balls for second layer. First the dough balls, 2 Tbsp. sugar/cinnamon and finally the remaining butter/brown sugar mix.
7) Bake for 50 minutes. You may need to lay a piece of foil over top of pan after 40 minutes if buns start looking well done.
8) Remove from oven then immediately turn over onto large plate. Remove bundt pan. While cooling down, about 15 minutes, mix confection sugar with milk to make frosting.
You might need slightly more milk, but mix until smooth then drizzle over the top.
Cook's Notes: *When buying your biscuits, make sure you buy the regular size and NOT the real big "Grand" ones. They don't have to be any particular brand, but you do need the butter flaky ones and if they have honey in them too, even better!
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv or on facebook at Wally's Weekly Car Reviews or on twitter @CahillWally
Debbie Hernandez with Home Depot
Mane Attraction Salon
3156 E Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Gifts for car lovers
Howard Fleischmann, Community Tire and Auto Repair
Visit our locations in Phoenix, Glendale and Cottonwood
Copyright 2015 KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.